TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Stoops say UK fans passionate about football

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stoops say UK fans passionate about football
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-18-2014 09:42 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We love our basketball but football as well.

As usual at SEC Media Days, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops was asked about the importance of basketball at UK and if he felt any pressure economically to make football succeed.

“I get asked that question often. The truth is since I’ve arrived at Kentucky, people have been nothing but good to me and passionate about football,” Stoops said.

“We know they love their basketball, as they should. That program has been good for a long, long time. So we have deep tradition in basketball. We embrace that. Coach Cal (John Calipari) has been nothing but good to me, very supportive in what we do recruiting, and always visible to our team and to our recruits. So we embrace that. It’s been nothing but helpful.

“Our fan base is passionate about a lot of sports. I don’t know how close you follow it, but the Big Blue Nation is very passionate about football.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-18-2014 10:10 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The last Joker year, fans boycotted the games, to force Barnhart's hand to fire him. Other than that year, Kentucky fans have supported bad to mediocre football. To the AD's credit, he has made the correct moves. From everything that I have heard, the AD was forced to make Joker the coach in waiting by the former president and head coach. I can't blame Mitch for the Joker hire.

I believe Kentucky fans, of which I am a part, are hungry for a winning team. The excitement will be there. The team just has to give the fans a reason to be excited. I am looking for a much improved team this season.

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com