TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Artificial turf is coming to Commonwealth

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Artificial turf is coming to Commonwealth
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-18-2014 09:39 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It won't be this season but it's coming.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops told Kentucky media members that Commonwealth Stadium likely will go to an artificial surface starting with the 2015 season.

“It looks like we will go to turf after this season. They’ve got to come in and put a bunch of cranes on there and tear up the field anyway, and we’ve been thinking about it. Our field, it’s been disappointing to me — our grounds crew does a phenomenal job, they work their tails off, they do an incredible job, but the fact of the matter is we can’t get on that field very much,” Stoops said

He said the current stadium renovations should not impact UK’s fall preseason practice.

“Not right now. Of course, we haven’t started yet, but I don’t anticipate any change. When we need to get on there, we’re going to be in the stadium. Like I just said, we really can’t use it too much anyway,” Stoops said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com