TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Brown breaks down UK QB battle

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brown breaks down UK QB battle
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-15-2014 10:39 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think all three will get to play early and the best man will show it on the field.

Kentucky football still has plenty of unanswered questions heading into 2014 – coach Mark Stoops and his staff's second season in Lexington – but none bigger than this: Who'll start at quarterback?

While third-year sophomore Patrick Towles emerged from spring practice with a slight edge over redshirt freshman Reese Phillips and true freshman Drew Barker, and although he's the only one of the three with game college game experience, he has hardly won the job. Stoops and offensive coordinator Neal Brown declined to name a starter after a month of spring practice and Brown, in an interview with The Courier-Journal this morning, still wasn't ready to do so.

"I think all of them have an opportunity. I'm not sitting here today knowing who our starting quarterback is going to be," Brown said. "Coach Stoops and I discussed it and felt like where we're at is: Reese was the most consistent on an every-day basis, Patrick played a little better in the scrimmages – especially the spring game – and then Drew was kind of right on their heels and he had a year less in the system.

"So we're excited about the improvement they made and we wanted to see from April 29 or whenever the spring game was until now, when we start practice Aug. 4 – that's a big-time window of time – who has made the most improvement since then, and then can they carry that into the early part of camp."

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com