TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Flannigan to join Cats in August and ready to roll

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Flannigan to join Cats in August and ready to roll
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-14-2014 10:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Flannigan is experienced and should be able to be a contributor quickly.

Junior college linebacker Ryan Flannigan says he’ll be at Kentucky Aug. 1 and ready to start practice when the Wildcats begin preseason preparations.

He signed with UK earlier but was not cleared by the NCAA in time to enroll in summer school in Lexington. Instead, he’s running, workout out and studying UK’s playbook on his own in Texas.

“Don’t worry. I will be ready to roll,” said the 6-1, 219-pound Flannigan, who played at Blinn Community College in Texas. “I am running every day, working out every day. I am in the playbook every day. I am trying to get my assignments down so I will be ready to go when I get there.

“What the players are doing there now, I am doing on my own. The coaches gave me a running sheet to do. They didn’t really give me a diet to follow, but they just want to make sure I am staying healthy and eating right and keeping my weight up. There’s no set weight goal for me.”

Flannigan was considered a three-star recruit by Rivals, Scout and ESPN when he was a member of the class of 2012. Rivals.com ranked Flannigan as the No. 60 outside linebacker and No. 98 player in the state of Texas in the class of 2012. ESPN rated him as the No. 40 outside linebacker and 68th-best prospect in Texas.

Flannigan originally committed while he was in high school to Texas Tech where UK offensive coaches Neal Brown, Tommy Mainord and Chad Scott were all on staff. He also had offers from West Virginia, Arizona, Boise State, Baylor and Arkansas coming out of high school after making 120 tackles as a junior and 101 his senior year. He had offers from Oregon, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Arizona State and Texas Tech when he signed with UK in February.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com