TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » UK / NCAA Football   » Defense point of emphasis in spring practice

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Defense point of emphasis in spring practice
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-20-2014 09:02 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully Stamps an Harmon will be a big part of our defense and be able to make some timely interceptions.

“We always track our turnovers, and not only do we track the ones that we get, we track the ones that we should’ve gotten, and we make the corrections on that. And I think that we’re getting better at that. We are. We’re getting better,” defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot said.

“I think we led the league in fumbles recovered (last year), but then we were last in interceptions. We’re not emphasizing it any more, but it’s a strong emphasis on defense in general.”

Head coach Mark Stoops did like that the defense got several interceptions Friday and hopes junior college transfer A.J. Stamps helps the Cats in this area from his safety position.

“I think just having A.J. (Stamps) back there helps us, gives us gives us a little bit more athletic (player). J.D. Harmon coming back at corner gives us some more versatility and more depth, so those two guys help,” Stoops said.

Both are former receivers and Stoops said it is easy to see Stamps’ skills.

“He’s got good athletic ability and he’s giving us some options back there, a lot tighter coverage, so that’s helped,” the UK coach said.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com