TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » What is the deal with Skyy Clark ???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the deal with Skyy Clark ???
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-06-2022 12:57 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just read where he has asked to be released by uk !!! Anyone heard anything leading up to this decision ???

MEL

Posts: 2792 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-06-2022 06:57 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing on this end but I can imagine it is the result of over recruiting. H is ranked #17 and we also have the #1, 6, and 7 recruited along with him. Then you look at the kids coming back next year. Wheeler is too small to go to the NBA, Frederick should be ready to make a lot of shots, Washington should be a question mark and will probably test the waters, maybe. Those 3 recruits are Wallace, Sharpe and Livingston. You think Cal had a rough time finding playing time at the 1, 2and 3 spot, just wait. I'd be willing to almost bet Clark is leaving for more playing time. If he leaves I would bet TN or Van will be the beneficiaries.

[ 03-06-2022, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-07-2022 01:39 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is an article that discusses an interview with Clark about his reasons:

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/qa-skyy-clark-explains-decision-to-decommit-from-kentucky-with-ksr/

Here is a telling statement:

quote:
I just had a lot of time to sit around and think. Since watching the team and the way the roster is looking for next season, I haven’t really seen a fit for myself.
So I would say the fear of no playing time right away is a good guess as to what is going on here.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-07-2022 06:18 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I said it above and I'll say it again. He's worried about playing time at UK with next years roster. He may have doubts about his ability to get enough PT to compete with the other guards that will be here next year. He's been able to watch the past several years and see how Cal ALWAYS has his favorites and they are the ones who get the majority of PT.

He may have lost a little confidence in his abilities since the injury and knows he needs PT to help get over the doubts about how well he can perform post operation.

This is not a serious problem for either party as he will be able to hook up with another school where he can ease into the lineup or maybe be able to jump right into a prominent position for someone.

Posts: 14132 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com