TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » Bruiser Flint confident Keion Brooks will have big sophomore season

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bruiser Flint confident Keion Brooks will have big sophomore season
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 09-21-2020 03:53 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While he was at Indiana one player that Bruiser Flint tried to recruit for the Hoosiers was Keion Brooks Jr. Instead, Brooks picked Kentucky, had a solid freshman season and now seems posed for a big sophomore year at UK and no one would like that more than Flint since he’s now on John Calipari’s coaching staff.

He calls Brooks a “great kid” he enjoyed recruiting.

“He was one of the nicest kids you will ever be around. I thought he had an unbelievable work ethic,” Flint said about Brooks. “And Cal has talked about him because I used to always ask about him — not just to Cal but to Tony (Barbee) and the guys on the staff –- how Keion is doing because, you know, we did recruit him pretty hard.

“I don’t think he’ll have a problem taking up a leadership role just because of the type of kid and how hard he works. And I think he wants it. I think that’s the most important thing right there, so I’m looking forward to that.”

Brooks’ parents obviously did not want to see Kenny Payne leave Calipari’s staff for the NBA but also are glad Flint was the one who took Payne’s spot on the staff.

“His mom and his dad hit me up when they heard I was coming and they talked about how excited they were having enjoyed when I tried to recruit him at Indiana,” Flint said.

“And then when I saw him, I wasn’t able to really be down there with them, but he threw the ball up and hit the (glass) like to say, ‘Yo, I’m here.’

“So, he’s a great kid and I’m sure he’s going to have a good year. Cal said he really worked hard and looking forward to coaching him this year.”

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com