TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » Cade Cunningham

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cade Cunningham
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 06-09-2020 10:24 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-recruiting/article243364836.html

Cal recruited this kid harder than he had recruited any other player. I really hope we can come full circle and pick him up.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 848 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-10-2020 11:22 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Knowing Cal and the way he signs recruits we have a very good chance of signing him.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-10-2020 11:47 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cunningham almost committed to UK during his official visit but things have changed.

With the news of Oklahoma State’s 2021 post-season ban, people are wondering where the No. 1 player in the class of 2020 will end up. Cade Cunningham is a name that Kentucky fans are familiar with, as he spurned the Wildcats last November and opted to sign with Oklahoma State, where his brother, Cannen, is an assistant coach.

However, during the month of October, all the buzz was surrounding the Kentucky Wildcats and John Calipari as the favorites to land the No. 1 player, and Corey Evans from Rivals recently back that claim up.

In an interview with David Sisk of Cats Illustrated, Evans said that Cunningham to Kentucky was likely about to happen when Cunningham took his official visit for Big Blue Madness back in October of 2019.

“Yes, he was as close as you could get to committing during the visit to Kentucky,” Evans told Sisk. “It took his mom and family pulling him off and kind of seeing the whole picture, and not just going off immediate reaction and committing.”

That would explain the reasoning behind Evan Daniels’ crystal ball pick of Cunningham to Kentucky, one of the rare misses from 247’s lead basketball recruiting expert.

That can also be backed up by the fact that Cunningham himself said he almost chose a different school in his commitment video.

“I loved all the schools I visited, and I appreciate each program for investing their time and energy into me. To be honest, I was this close to picking a different school, but blood is always thicker than water. Go Pokes.”

While Cunningham has not officially decided on what he will do for this upcoming season, whether it be stay at Oklahoma State, take up the G-League on their offer, or transfer to another school, I would not expect Kentucky to be involved, in my opinion.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 06-11-2020 10:42 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This recruiting class would be one of his best if not the best if he signs Cade Cunningham.

--------------------
RLTW!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-11-2020 12:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just don't think he will end up at UK.
Posts: 14173 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 06-11-2020 03:05 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
I just don't think he will end up at UK.

Well lets stay positive! hahaha

--------------------
RLTW!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-12-2020 11:44 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My most positive statement. " If he comes to UK I will be thrilled, if he doesn't I won't cry about it."
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 06-12-2020 07:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with Bama on this one! I've learned after football recruits changing their schools not to get to excited about teenagers until they sign their names!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-12-2020 07:24 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I bet he stays at OSU or leaves for the G league.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-13-2020 01:00 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll second that thought Mel.
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 06-15-2020 10:55 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Major bummer. BAMA you are on it as usual. I was trying to will this one with positivity.

--------------------
RLTW!

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-22-2020 07:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Announced today that he is staying with OSU. I really like a kid that keeps his commitment, shows great character !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com