TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » Greg Brown’s father had harsh words for North Carolina

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greg Brown’s father had harsh words for North Carolina
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-06-2020 03:10 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Greg Brown is a consensus top-10 player in the class of 2020 and is down to a handful of schools, including the Kentucky Wildcats. Memphis and Auburn are seen as the leaders in his recruitment, with hometown Texas being involved in it as well.

For some reason, Greg Brown’s father decided to blast North Carolina and their recruiting efforts involving both Brown and former Kentucky target Cade Cunningham:

According to 247 Sports, Greg Brown never took an official visit to UNC, so I will give the Tar Heels the benefit of the doubt on their recruitment of Brown, as they never got to officially roll out the red carpet like they do for players that take officials. The Tar Heels also have the third-ranked recruiting class in the country behind Kentucky and Duke, so they are still great on the recruiting trail.

Link

[ 03-08-2020, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-06-2020 08:15 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad we didn't get him … Coach Williams told him he wanted to finish his recruiting class last fall. He gave him an offer and was told Greg wants to play the 2 and 3 spots. Coach Williams wants him at the 4 … he didn't accept the offer and UNC signs Walker Kessler a 7' center out of Georgia (that everyone thought was going to dook) 17th ranked player in the 2020 class. Now UNC didn't have a spot for Greg Brown at the 4 spot. They had their chance and waited too long and thank goodness they did … I don't want another Lavar Ball type dad !!! Good luck to Greg but glad it isn't at UNC.
Don't you just love parents that want to tell Hall of Fame coaches what position their son is going to play ?!?!?

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-07-2020 04:01 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All is fair in love and war........and recruiting.
Posts: 14174 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-07-2020 05:03 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not really Bama … good riddance to him. Not a fan of parents that think they run their kids lives and want to live theirs through them. The kid is a PF not a SG or SF... he had his chance and didn't take the scholarship and UNC went on to the next kid (Kessler) who I think is a much better fit now and in the long run. Brown can choose whomever he wants but to bash a coach and a school that didn't cow to your demands is bush league IMHO !!! I coached for 34 years and never once did I let a parent decide what position their kid would play or when they would or would not play... that was my job and what I got paid to do not them … I have even told a couple if you want my job go get your degree and come back and see if you can take it … if so it is yours !!! MY kids won 6 State Championships, 5 Runner ups and over 560 games so I think we (them and me) did a pretty good job.

MEL

[ 03-07-2020, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-09-2020 12:00 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MEL:
Not really Bama … good riddance to him. Not a fan of parents that think they run their kids lives and want to live theirs through them. The kid is a PF not a SG or SF... he had his chance and didn't take the scholarship and UNC went on to the next kid (Kessler) who I think is a much better fit now and in the long run. Brown can choose whomever he wants but to bash a coach and a school that didn't cow to your demands is bush league IMHO !!! I coached for 34 years and never once did I let a parent decide what position their kid would play or when they would or would not play... that was my job and what I got paid to do not them

AMEN

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com