TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » Johnson disputes Duke being his favorite

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Johnson disputes Duke being his favorite
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-15-2019 11:36 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jalen Johnson is the No. 4 overall player, according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings, and a consensus top-10 prospect in the Class of 2020.

Johnson is a 6-8 forward from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and one of the Kentucky Wildcats’ top targets in 2020. He recently cut his list to the Duke Blue Devils, Wisconsin Badgers, Arizona Wildcats, and of course, Kentucky.

The only problem: he’s widely expected to pick Duke.

The Blue Devils lead all schools in both the 247Sports Crystal Ball (93%), as well as the Rivals Future Cast (100%), including picks from national recruiting experts Eric Bossi, Evan Daniels, Corey Evans, Jerry Meyer, and Andrew Slater.

However, Johnson said not so fast, as he explained that there is no current favorite in his recruitment.

“I see it. I don’t really pay attention to that though,” Johnson told the Herald Leader. “Because no one knows what’s going on in my mind. I know what’s going on. People can make assumptions on what they think. But, at the end of the day, I’m the one that knows, and I’m the one that’s going to make the decision.”

Where did all the Duke buzz come from then? Johnson says he has no idea.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-15-2019 08:42 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The liberal media loves puke

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9793 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 06-15-2019 09:15 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK kid. We'll just remember those famous last words when you pull the Duke hat out of the sack. [Razz]
Posts: 14169 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-04-2019 11:13 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And he picks Duke. No surprise here.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-05-2019 01:52 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who do these kids think they are fooling? Even amateur prognosticators like us can read their minds. Why are some of them afraid to tell who is leading for their services?
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-05-2019 05:20 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't for the life of me, figure what puke has to offer that beats UK. They haven't sent as many to the NBA as UK has. Their coach is a foul mouthed jerk. There is something fishy about that deal. I think it is more than just being an ESPN hero.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-05-2019 08:49 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hidden $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-05-2019 10:43 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Almost has to be.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-09-2019 09:40 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really think it comes down to two things:

1. Guaranteed playing time at Duke. Coach K guarantees them 30 minutes a game because he only plays 5 or 6 guys. Cal doesn't play many more, but he does not guarantee them any playing time. He tells them UK is not for everyone and you will work to get your minutes.

2. I know Coach K pitches this hard: one year in Durham and you and your family will be taken care of for life. The same thing happens at UK, but I don't think Cal pushes that when meeting with prospects and their family.

And I do think ESPN plays a huge role as well. I mean they have been playing every single Duke game from the past season the last few weeks. Why not Virginia? They actually won the the title, but no they show a team that couldn't even make it out of the Sweet 16 and was extremely lucky to make it past Central Florida in the second round. Crazy the amount of time ESPN spends on them.

[ 07-09-2019, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 07-09-2019 06:52 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Add USA basketball coach to the list Trey !!! Huge exposure from every angle.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-09-2019 11:54 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MEL:
Add USA basketball coach to the list Trey !!! Huge exposure from every angle.

MEL

That definitely helped Coach K. I thought he had stepped down from that role.

--------------------

redbone

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com