TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » Sestina

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sestina
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-26-2019 04:22 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reid Travis 2.0!

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/3/26/18282648/uk-basketball-recruiting-kentucky-wildcats-nate-sestina-bucknell-bison

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 838 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-27-2019 10:58 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks like here is someone who could fill the void underneath. My thoughts are that Cal has seen the writing on the wall for the remaining big men and is now doing damage control for underneath next year. Would still like to see us get one of the big guys left out there but my hopes are not high on getting one of them. GO NATE!
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 03-27-2019 11:01 AM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read this from a non-kentucky related website and it sounds like it could be a one visit deal and if he's very impressed, he could decide immediately.

“After the visit, I’m going to sit down with my parents and the coaching staff (at Bucknell) and evaluate my options from there,” Sestina said. “The coaches have been so supportive and have been great resources.”

Kentucky is the only trip Sestina currently has planned, and he said his timetable to make a decision depends largely on the visit.

“If it goes well, clicks and I get signs from God — I’ve got to pray on it; I’ve been doing that a lot recently — it just depends on the visit,” Sestina said. “I’ll take the time I need to make the right decision.”

Posts: 1497 | From: Wimauma, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-27-2019 02:17 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by blue hoot:
I read this from a non-kentucky related website and it sounds like it could be a one visit deal and if he's very impressed, he could decide immediately.

“After the visit, I’m going to sit down with my parents and the coaching staff (at Bucknell) and evaluate my options from there,” Sestina said. “The coaches have been so supportive and have been great resources.”

Kentucky is the only trip Sestina currently has planned, and he said his timetable to make a decision depends largely on the visit.

“If it goes well, clicks and I get signs from God — I’ve got to pray on it; I’ve been doing that a lot recently — it just depends on the visit,” Sestina said. “I’ll take the time I need to make the right decision.”

I really like the sound of this. I'm sure Cal will and BBN will make a great impression on this young man.

Unfortunately I agree with you Bama. Jaden looks like a long shot but Ill never bet against Cal. I just cant figure out for the life of me, why would he choose Washington. I know its home but goodness.

--------------------
RLTW!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-27-2019 04:03 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most of these kids have no idea where to get a pair of blue shaded sun glasses like we do. [Big Grin]
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-27-2019 07:57 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
Most of these kids have no idea where to get a pair of blue shaded sun glasses like we do. [Big Grin]

They really dont. I mean we know its the best program in the land. Why can't a 17 year old kid figure that out? hahaha Im embarrassed as an adult that so much of my happiness resides on whether or not they choose UK.

--------------------
RLTW!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-31-2019 09:58 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm going out on a limb, but I'm predicting that UK will get Sestina. The progress and contributions that Travis has had with the cats will sway him to the cats. I could be wrong but I just have that feeling this progress we have made in the NCAA tourney will get him.
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-31-2019 01:06 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama what do you think about Hurt's dad saying that no one has any clue about where his son is leaning towards? Furthermore he stated that his son is definitely considering UK.

--------------------
RLTW!

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-31-2019 01:09 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama who do you think will declare and go to the draft from uk this year ???
UNC is losing 3 seniors plus very likely Coby White and Nassir Little !!! It looks like they are in pretty good shape or at least drawing interest from Rayjon Tucker from Arkansas Little Rock (SG) as well as Daniel Utomi (SF) Akron.

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-31-2019 05:15 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Hurts are blowing smoke that anyone with any sense could see. He's most likely to go to Duke. He's white isn't he?

We all know Travis is leaving. Washington with his injury would be a fool; if he didn't go to the draft before something else happens to him. Johnson would be about a 65% vs 35% go to the draft. The only way he returns is if he wants to give it another try at a championship. I think Herro is smart enough to realize he is too inconsistent to go to the draft. He would be about a 25% vs 75% go to the draft.

With another year Herro and Johnson could get stronger and better to help their position in the draft.

I see us with Richards and Montgomery at the big spots with a transfer also. Then Baker, Johnson, Herro, Quickly, Hagens, Maxie, Whitney, Allen and our other signee at the wings and guards. 12 guys

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-31-2019 07:38 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UK will lose PJ/Herro/Johnson to the draft. All of them are solidly first round draft picks. Obviously Reid is gone as well since he is a senior.

The only scenario where Herro comes back is if the feedback from him going through the process comes back and says he would jump to the #1 overall pick if he came back and had a Wooden Award winning type of year. That will not happen.

All the measurable are there for him already. I think most of the mocks have him too low in the 20 to 25 range. After Herro goes and works out for teams I think he will quickly move into lottery pick range. He is already a way better player than Romeo Langford who they have projected going in the Top 8 and Herro's measurables are all better than langfords.

[ 03-31-2019, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-31-2019 10:54 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But count the 37 games we played where Herro was the shooter he is supposed to be. Mostv of them are probably against the early season weak teams. He has a lot of potential but he failed miserably against some of the better teams. I'm not concerned whether any of the three stay or go but I think they need another year.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-01-2019 04:41 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually I think Herro had a very productive game against UNC if memory serves me right!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123982 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-01-2019 10:22 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually he shot better against better competition. He had two bad games UT and Auburn yesterday. Both of those teams chased and were physical with him and always hedged off of Haggans when they could.

In todays NBA everyone can shoot so it opens the floor and you can’t shade off or it is an illegal defense. His game transcends excellent to the NBA and so does Keldon’s. They both will be higher draft picks than PJ. All three are solid Top 20 picks with Herro and Johnson in the lottery pick discussion.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-01-2019 11:56 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
... Both of those teams chased and were physical with him and always hedged off of Haggans when they could.

And we never set good screens, or double screens, like other teams do. Our picking this season was pathetic. Worst I've ever seen.
Posts: 10342 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-01-2019 04:20 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With another year Herro and Johnson could get stronger and better to help their position in the draft.

as trey pointed out bama top 20 picks don't come back. they would be crazy to do so...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-04-2019 12:47 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Sestina committed to UK

--------------------

redbone

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-04-2019 12:57 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Trey Ball:
Sounds like Sestina committed to UK

Yep. Just saw it on Bleacher Report.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2254 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-04-2019 02:51 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the BBN, young man

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-04-2019 04:14 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah!!!
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-04-2019 08:39 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Seems as though he's more of a face the basket type of player!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123982 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 04-05-2019 01:25 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
Seems as though he's more of a face the basket type of player!

From the tape I have seen, he can do both, but you are right. He has some exceptional skills when facing the basket. I think he could play the stretch four along side somebody like Richardson and play the five along side Montgomery.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2254 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com