TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » Keion Brooks

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Keion Brooks
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-17-2019 08:25 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope he enjoyed the show last night.

--------------------
RLTW!

Posts: 838 | From: Savannah Ga | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-17-2019 02:50 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope he doesn’t come to UK. Not a huge fan of that kid. I’ve seen him play several times and he has just never impressed me. On top of that he went AWOL for his high school team last year for a few weeks and then finally decided to play again. Transferred to LaLumiere Academy for his Senior year. Maybe he had improved and matured there.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-17-2019 03:31 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way our 2019 class is shaping up I’ll take him and Lamelo Ball.

--------------------
RLTW!

WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-17-2019 09:02 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rumor has it he cancelled his upcoming visit to Mich St and UK could be receiving a commitment from Brooks this week. I for one will be very happy to add another 5 star talent for a class that is needing some Cal magic.

--------------------
RLTW!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-17-2019 09:49 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lamelo Ball? We don't need his drama queen dad anywhere near Kentucky!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-18-2019 04:49 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with Norm on this one. Ball (the old man) thinks he deserves to be the center of attention! He'd make it more about him than he does his own son!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123983 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-18-2019 12:32 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
I'm with Norm on this one. Ball (the old man) thinks he deserves to be the center of attention! He'd make it more about him than he does his own son!

I don't disagree with this. However, Lavar has been hushed and shunned by the media for his antics. Also the media has started to show an extreme amount of sympathy for his kids. Not to mention if there is one Coach in College Basketball who could control Lavar it would be Cal. Might be a situation that both sides benefit from the publicity. This is where I Trust In Cal completely because only he knows if he could make the relationship fit.

On a more relevant note. Im really anxious to steal Keion Brooks from the Poosiers. On this one I hate the Poosiers as much as Old Norm hates Puke.

--------------------
RLTW!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-18-2019 04:54 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm with you on this one, WHO! Of course, we just live up the road from one another and it's just about that time of year when I start coming to your town every weekend to watch the dirt fly and the Speedway!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-18-2019 08:31 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm with you on this one, WHO! Of course, we just live up the road from one another and it's just about that time of year when I start coming to your town every weekend to watch the dirt fly and the Speedway!

Thats awesome. I have actually never been there. Im in the Military down in Savannah Ga. My Dad still lives in Lawrenceburg though. His name is FLACATZ.

--------------------
RLTW!

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-18-2019 08:40 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Obviously Cal knows better than me, but I just don't see him being a Cal type of player. He wilts under criticism and he is terrible on the defensive end of the floor. I also don't think he is as tall as they list him. I think he is closer to 6'6". The local high school team here has a kid who is a legit 6'7" and maybe even 6'8" (Ali Ali, he is going to Akron and I think they got a steal as he is still growing and improving) who always appeared to be a few inches taller than Brooks when they were matched up with one another. As I said earlier, I haven't watched him this year since he transferred up to LaLumeire Academy, so Keion could have grown and probably has improved as well.

But I agree the IU fans will be devastated if he doesn't go there. They have been talking him up for two years.

[ 02-18-2019, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-21-2019 12:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The reason he cancelled his last visit is once he saw UK he decided he had seen all he wanted to see and will go to IN.
Posts: 14157 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 02-21-2019 08:46 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
The reason he cancelled his last visit is once he saw UK he decided he had seen all he wanted to see and will go to IN.

I genuinely hope this is not true.

--------------------
RLTW!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 02-22-2019 03:38 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me too. I was only trying to put 2 and 2 together. When I did it I was just guessing he was satisfied with looking at IN and UK and was going to pick one of them.
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-23-2019 04:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe he feels he has nothing to lose going to IU! They aren't even .500 on the season now! 13-14 on the season! They're close to the cellar of the Big 10+2 conference!

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-13-2019 05:27 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only one more day to wait. Will he pick UK? The odds are against it but I am still hoping. [Razz]
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-14-2019 09:26 AM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not trying to be a homer but our season compared to IU’s I don’t see how he does not choose us. If he doesn’t then he is not a true competitor and we shouldn’t want him either. Oh how I hate that the mind of a 17 year old kid determines my happiness when watching our favorite team. Either way I wish the kid the best.

--------------------
RLTW!

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-14-2019 11:50 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If we don't start getting another 1 or 2 recruits to add to our 3 already on board we will drop out of the top 5.
WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-15-2019 03:21 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
8:00 CT we get our answer.

--------------------
RLTW!

WHO?UK
Player
Member # 2286

posted 03-15-2019 08:08 PM      Profile for WHO?UK   Email WHO?UK   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We got him baby!!! I love stealing kids from iu.

--------------------
RLTW!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-15-2019 09:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had to rub a little info in a Hoosier fans face today! Only got to the tourney 5 of the last 12 years! When you live in this state you have to hear all about it when they are good! Which hasn't been since '12 and who beat them in the tourney that year?

--------------------

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-15-2019 11:42 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had to rub a little info in a Hoosier fans face today! Only got to the tourney 5 of the last 12 years! When you live in this state you have to hear all about it when they are good! Which hasn't been since '12 and who beat them in the tourney that year?

Agree completely. My wife who doesn't even follow sports at all said to me a few weeks ago, "I take it IU must have won a game because all of her friends were posting Hoo, Hoo, Hoosiers. I said yeah, that was their first wins since Feb 2nd." LOL.

[ 03-15-2019, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-16-2019 10:00 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UofL fans are not as obnoxious as IU fans. Neither are Duke fans (sorry, Norm). These "hoo-hoo-hoosiers" are pompous, ignorant asses.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-17-2019 11:48 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
UofL fans are not as obnoxious as IU fans. Neither are Duke fans (sorry, Norm). These "hoo-hoo-hoosiers" are pompous, ignorant asses.

Tiptree,

I agree. They are the most obnoxious fan base on the planet and obviously most of my friends are IU fans being stuck here in Northern Indiana. For a program that has been basically irrelevant for almost 30 years they act as though the are THE ELITE program.

I argued with a good friend back in 2012 when IU and UK were playing in the Sweet 16 in Atlanta. He told me that the entire Georgia Dome would be Red and that UK fans wouldn't be able to get tickets because Atlanta has the largest IU Alumni Association in the US was in Atlanta.

I finally just stopped and said you can believe what you want to believe, but they call it CATLANTA for a very good reason. LOL.

[ 03-17-2019, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------

redbone

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 03-17-2019 08:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's just say, it's been 32 years since they've won a title. They've been to very few final fours in that time period.
5 times in the last 12 years they've been in the tourney! BLUE BLOOD MY BUTT!!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com