TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » DJ Jeffries announces tonight

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DJ Jeffries announces tonight
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-12-2018 03:36 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Kentucky Wildcats are poised to land their first pledge in 2019 in the form of D.J. Jeffries.

247 Sports recruiting guru Evan Daniels just logged a UK pick on Jeffries’ Crystal Ball page, which has 100 percent of the picks going for UK. Daniels is arguably the best in the business, and when he logs his pick in a recruitment, it’s usually a done deal.

That would be great news for UK, who’s been in a bit of a recruiting funk as of late. They had a nice start to the 2018 class with Tyler Herro, Keldon Johnson and Immanuel Quickley, but they’ve also missed on Cam Reddish, R.J. Barrett, Bol Bol and Quentin Grimes.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-14-2018 04:14 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And we did get the verbal commitment!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2252 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 03-14-2018 06:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jeffries, the 6-foot-7, 185-pound standout considered the No. 26 player in the ’19 class by 247Sports, led Olive Branch High to state championship last week with a 20-point, five-rebound performance.

Kentucky coach John Calipari reportedly visited Mississippi twice in the past month to see Jeffries. Calipari watched Jeffries score 20 points last week in a state semifinal victory.

Link

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 03-15-2018 01:03 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Although Jeffries is anly a 4 star he will probably be upgraded to a 5 star by the end of this year. nd what makes this so important is he plays with Wiseman who he most likely will drag to UK with him. Love the high school connections even though it didn't end up getting us Zion Williamson. Williamson kight not have fit in anyway with a bunch of 5 stars on the roster. We'll see how he does at Duke.
Posts: 14146 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 03-19-2018 11:52 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I doubt Jeffries ends up coming to UK. Since Memphis hired Penny Hardaway, his AAU coach, my guess is he will actually sign at Memphis along with the Wiseman kid.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11567 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 03-21-2018 09:11 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey,

I thought the same thing but then he verbally committed to UK even after all the pundits were saying Tubby would be fired in the next few days and Hardaway would be the next coach. Some of his comments about always wanting to play for Cal are pretty strong. We will see, but I do understand the concern.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2252 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com