TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Recruiting Talk   » UK / NCAA Hoops Recruiting   » New Scoop!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Scoop!!
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-09-2017 09:31 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am going out on a limb today by predicting UK will get Mo Bamba. I feel he has too many friends and kids he has played with and against on the UK roster not to sign with UK. This really sounds dumb with all the big guys we will have already next year, but when you stop and think about it the big ones we will probably have returning are not super stars. He should get a feeling that he could probably start even with who we already have locked up. Humphries, Wynyard and Jones will have to improve a lot before next year. It wouldn't surprise me to even see Jones transfer. Richards is not the #1 center Cal was recruiting this year he was the next best thing. Gabriel is a completely different type player so he and Bomba could play on the same floor together. I think Green, Washington, Vanderbilt and Diallo will be a big force for Bamba to turn down.

I am not discounting Knox either. He has some good friends on UK's team next year. If things go our way shame on everyone else. We could have an even better team next year than anyone could dream of. [Eek!]

Posts: 11276 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-10-2017 06:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That would be a real coup and if Bama predicts we get Bamba I really like our chances.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 138606 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-11-2017 01:48 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:
Humphries, Wynyard and Jones will have to improve a lot before next year. It wouldn't surprise me to even see Jones transfer.

BTW why is Killeya-Jones riding the bench? I mean he was a 5 star and only gets garbage minutes...
Posts: 1129 | From: Hebron KY | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-11-2017 04:02 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's because he's not all that good.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 30534 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-11-2017 04:39 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bingo!! He definitely needs some work. Gabriel is a little better than him so he gets the work. It may take Jones a couple years before he can help much, if he stays at UK.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-12-2017 11:05 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here we go. I made this change on Monday, 4 days ago. The prognosticators are starting to switch to my way of thinking. Too late Meyer I beat you to the punch. I'm looking for Cal to convince him by March sometime. Bomba isn't scared of the big guys at UK. I think he could beat Jones and Gabriel out right now. But that is just my opinion. I think this is going to be one great recruiting class.

"""247Sports national analyst Jerry Meyer changed his Crystal Ball pick for five-star basketball recruit Mohamed Bamba from Duke to Kentucky on Thursday.

“I just don’t get the feel that Duke is after him with the same fervor (as UK),” Meyer said in a 247Sports Facebook Live session Thursday. “I think his relationship with Quade Green (helps).”

UK Coach John Calipari visited Bamba — a 7-footer from Harlem, N.Y. — at his high school in Pennsylvania on Wednesday. Bamba is the No. 3 overall prospect in the class of 2017, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Bamba has taken official visits to Michigan and Texas, and he also made a trip to Lexington for Big Blue Madness in October. He is not expected to make a college announcement until the spring.

Meyer noted that he thinks five-star small forward Kevin Knox is “Duke’s to lose.” Knox has taken official visits to Duke and Florida State and will visit UK later this month. He’s also scheduled to take an official visit to North Carolina in February."""

[ 01-12-2017, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

blue hoot
Player
Member # 398

posted 01-13-2017 12:36 PM      Profile for blue hoot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bama Cat:

"""247Sports national analyst Jerry Meyer changed his Crystal Ball pick for five-star basketball recruit Mohamed Bamba from Duke to Kentucky on Thursday.

Bama, that's great news! Hopefully it will become true in the spring. I think Jones will transfer and Tai Wynyard will probably get more playing time next year.
Posts: 1129 | From: Hebron KY | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-13-2017 02:19 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blue Hoot I would agree with all that right now. It's a shame Bomba won't commit right now because other factors could come into play by March or April that could change his mind. That's what happened to Young. I felt he was a UK get but when they wait over time their minds can do a 180 degree turn. Cal wasn't finished recruiting like he said. I'm hoping all of these kids will be good enough to get some PT. If that doesn't happen, then you see some transfers.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 01-14-2017 10:30 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After watching the H.S. game on TV a while ago I think Bomba is better than Ayton. I can see why Cal didn't pursue Ayton any more than he did. He's not made for the fast up and down the court style of game. Bomba can really play the fast moving type of game. I still think it will be UK. Also I can see whyCal would be high on Reddish. He is the real deal. Hope we can get him.

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com