TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Covid

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Covid
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-09-2021 09:55 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm heart broken tonight. I lost one of my secretaries to covid today. She was more than a secretary though, she was my friend. She leaves behind two boys and her mother. Please pray for them.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-10-2021 08:14 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I pray that the Lord takes care of those kids AND their Grandmother.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-20-2021 05:35 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope I don't piss anyone off here, but I just don't understand why people refuse to get the vaccine. It could save their lives AND it could save the lives of others. I heard that 99.5% of all new COVID deaths are unvaccinated people. I just don't get it.
Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-20-2021 06:36 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paulcat,
I agree with you about not getting the vaccine. Her boys lost their mother and it was not their fault.
When I was a little boy (1944)a child that lived across the street had polio. I remember that my mother was terrified.
Now, polio is not a problem because of the availability of the vaccine. I think the polio vaccine is still required before school.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-21-2021 09:13 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RLT, how old was your secretary? Was she in good health before she got the virus. This is just a terrible virus.

A friend told me last night about a co-worker of his who refused to get vaccinated, claiming everything was a conspiracy. He ended up getting COVID and missed three months of work.

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-21-2021 01:41 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paulcat,
I agree that this is a terrible virus. It seems to be totally unpredictable. Some people don't seem to have any symptoms and it is fatal to other people.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-22-2021 07:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She was extremely over weight,She had congestive heart failure. She had one foot in the grave already, the covid just sped it up.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-22-2021 07:04 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She was 52 years old. I have a friend in ICU right now, he was in perfect health before he got covid.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-22-2021 09:03 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That seems so young to me.
I have three children and three children in-laws who are all below 54 years old.

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 08-28-2021 11:02 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My stepdaughter and two of her three kids (ages 7 and 3) all have covid and they'll be okay - just minor cold-like symptoms. My wife was sick a couple weeks ago and probably gave it to them. Folks, this thing is far from over. I honestly think that many people refusing to get vaccinated is going to cause very much harm, mostly to those that are not vaccinated. As I said, my wife probably had it and she and I are both vaccinated. I've had a good amount of congestion and some slight fatigue for a week or so. I think the vaccination is making the symptoms so light (as designed) that people don't think or know that they're infected and are passing it along to others. I have never stopped wearing a mask in public places - people look at me funny, but screw them. I cancelled going to a retirement party today because it is at someone's house and there'll be a ton of people there. No thanks.

[ 08-28-2021, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 08-28-2021 02:32 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paulcat,
I agree with your thoughts about the Covid-19 problems. My wife and I received the vaccine about five months ago and we did not have any problems from it. I agree that masks are a good idea. If our church is meeting tomorrow, we are going to wear our masks. Thanks for your good ideas.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 08-31-2021 03:34 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My heart is broken again, my friend 53 years old perfect health other than covid died yesterday. Covid is no joke.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-16-2021 08:30 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Update from me, I've lost two people close to me in the past week to Covid.
They bury a former boss of mine tomorrow. A next door neighbor who has been wheel chair bound and not spoken a word since a car accident 19 years ago, has now been diagnosed and I don't like his chances.

Another co-worker of mine who has always had breathing issues,(Not sure that he hasn't had mesothelioma, had his family called in.

The boss who passed away yesterday was only 56 years old. He was still employed at my plant and I don't know if he had any other underlying conditions or not.

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123912 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 09-16-2021 02:41 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M Hamilton,
I am sorry for your losses. This virus is so unpredictable.

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-17-2021 07:11 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lost another one last night shortly after 10. He was 70 yrs old but not in very good health.

I hate to say it but I'm afraid its not through yet!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-18-2021 09:26 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One of the guys I play golf with, his brother died today from covid.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 09-18-2021 09:52 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I plan on going to church worship tomorrow and plan on wearing a mask. This disease has me afraid because some people don't have symptoms and are contagious and others die from it.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 09-19-2021 07:29 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A guy my wife went to high school with died last week from COVID. He was only 52 or 53.

The last two weeks it has been eerie watching all the college and pro football games playing in front of packed crowds with no one wearing masks. There are too many people who just don't care about COVID.

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-19-2021 08:27 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I went on vacation with my family to Myrtle Beach but was never really in a big crowd of people. Most of the restaurants we went to the staff was required to wear a mask while working.

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com