TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » wHERE Y'ALL AT???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wHERE Y'ALL AT???
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-19-2021 08:40 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This place is dead as a hammer today. Wife is doing okay. She goes back to therapy tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday. One hour each for occupational, speech and physical each day.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-20-2021 03:06 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't know Norm - appears our liberal friends are hiding out under their bed seeing how Biden along with Pelosi and Schumer are destroying America as we know it and our conservative friends are probably tired of defending their agenda.

Good thing Bruce posts some stuff in Football and basketball or there would be zero stuff in the tcd.

Glad to hear that Millie is getting better. That's a blessing..

[ 07-20-2021, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-20-2021 05:44 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,
The therapy is really important. It does tend to be fatiguing to the patient and aggravating to the family for the frequent trips. Are you doing okay since your daughter is no longer helping?

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-20-2021 06:37 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Dr Clyde and Ed. I am doing well. Our daughter has not gone back to work just yet. We have moved in with her in Bowling Green and I don't honestly know what I'd have done without her. She works at WKU as office manager for the college of economics and marketing. Her husband died from bladder cancer at age 42. She never remarried, because she had three teen aged daughters and didn't want to put them in any danger. That worked out well. They all married very well, to an engineer for Scotty's Contracting and Stone, a financial advisor that has 11 lawyers hired, and a dentist. Her son is the youngest, and works for Madisonville electrical department. She will probably go back to work the first of the month. She had enough vacation and sick days saved that she has not missed a paycheck.

[ 07-20-2021, 06:41 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-20-2021 11:07 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news, Norm! Glad Millie is still diligent about the therapy. As Clydeh says, it is VERY important that she see that through. I suspect she has more than enough "grit" to do so.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 07-21-2021 06:37 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I took a quick trip to and From Pittsburgh.

It was work related so needless to say I didn't do a lot of sight seeing during the trip. It's about 5 1/2 hours from where I work.. Up I 71 to Columbus OH, then hop on I70 across to Pitt. It was pretty much an event free trip!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 07-21-2021 06:38 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to hear Millie's still doing well!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-21-2021 11:06 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They had Millie up and walking with a cane, followed closely by a wheelchair, at therapy yesterday! I think she was discharged from inpatient therapy too early. We've had almost a month delay in getting back to outpatient therapy and I can't help but think that delayed the whole recovery process. It probably had to do with Medicare, but we'll never know for sure. Anyway, things are looking up now.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-21-2021 12:49 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm here taking my wife to her second round of chemo today. Her hair hasn't started falling out yet but the Doctor said it would after today. We went to Huntsville a couple of weeks ago wig shopping and she bought a beautiful one, I didn't realize those things were so expensive. Well I've got to go, I hope all is well with my Cat's domain family.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 07-21-2021 02:38 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was in Guntersville the last weekend of June for a few days taking in the scenery at the lake. Oh, and watching a boat race!

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-21-2021 05:27 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So glad that Millie continues to make progress. I'm using a cane myself. Keep encouraging her because therapy is hard work.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-21-2021 05:57 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She totally agrees. We went and picked her up about an hour ago and she is one tired lady.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-22-2021 10:11 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m hamilton:
I was in Guntersville the last weekend of June for a few days taking in the scenery at the lake. Oh, and watching a boat race!

We're renting a cabin in September on lake Guntersville.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 07-22-2021 12:25 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a beautiful area. If you go out to eat, you have to go to Top O' the River! It comes highly recommended!
They have a seafood platter with Catfish on it so large that it'll easily feed 2 people!

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-22-2021 04:41 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rlt4UK,
Where is your wife getting her chemo treatment?
Is she having much problem with nausea? I certainly hope and pray that she gets a good response to the treatment.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-23-2021 02:35 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She's getting her treatment in Dothan Alabama. She's been doing well with nausea, but she's drained no energy. She's been sleeping a lot. Thank you for asking and your prayers.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-23-2021 06:33 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know this is a hard battle for both of you. You need to remember to get plenty of sleep (both of you).
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-24-2021 11:47 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
She's really sad today, her hair was falling out in gobs, so she had me shave it. I think she's still beautiful.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-24-2021 02:39 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tell her it is bad but also good. It is similar to morning sickness in early pregnancy (It is bad but the future is good)
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-24-2021 04:21 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You will be okay. Dealing with a sick wife is the most difficult thing I've ever done. If not for our oldest daughter, I'm not sure I could cope. We are still living with her in Bowling Green. The rehab hospital told us we'd have about another three months of outpatient rehab therapy. Daughter will have to go back to work in about a week, and I'll have Millie on my own during work days. She is doing better every day, so I think I can handle it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-24-2021 06:27 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're a good husband Norm. I'm doing everything I can. I actually done laundry today and cooked eggs,grits and toast for breakfast. Cindy said I've been holding back the last 30 years. My youngest son shaved is head about an hour ago. Made Cindy smile.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-24-2021 09:02 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Several years ago, I had a patient whose wife had a hip fracture and was disabled to do her usual activities. Her husband was taking care of her. He was not complaining about it, but was surprised at how much he was having to do.
I told him I was going to write him a home work note to show his wife. It was to excuse him from cooking, mopping, dusting, dish washing, clothes washing and making beds. The cost of the note was $240. I told him that I was sorry but his insurance would not pay. He said, "Let me get my wallet". He and I already had a humorous relationship, and I still remember that time.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-24-2021 11:30 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is hilarious, clydeh. I've actually hired a house keeper to come in this week and do the deep cleaning. My wife keeps our house spotless and I want to keep it that way.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-25-2021 06:57 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sure happy for you that you can do that for your wife.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-25-2021 07:47 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think she's still beautiful.

quote:
. My youngest son shaved is head about an hour ago. Made Cindy smile.
❤️

[ 07-25-2021, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com