TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Not a Good Week So Far (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Not a Good Week So Far
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-18-2021 03:38 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is the room circumstances better?
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-19-2021 07:08 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In a manner of speaking, I guess so. Daughter said he did come see the lady yesterday. When he started getting loud, she shushed him and he didn't stay long. She also didn't hear any F-bombs. She may have had a lecture from the staff?

As far as Millie goes, They put her back on chopped solid food; no pureed stuff. She cleaned her plate. She also told daughter that she moved her toes on paralyzed side. Nobody else saw it, but if she said she did it, she did it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-19-2021 09:25 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update. I am happy for some positive news and pray it will continue.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-20-2021 03:48 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Occupational Therapist had Millie standing for about thirty minutes today. Not quite on her own but being supported by OT. Still, she was holding her own weight up. Progress. She has also supposedly been graduated from pureed food to solids. Somebody dropped the ball today and brought the pureed stuff. She ate the meat (turkey) and rejected everything else after taking one taste.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-20-2021 07:07 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good news, Norm. It will take a lot of patience from both Millie and you, but clearly things are going in the right direction.

Prayers continue from your TCD prayer warriors!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-21-2021 12:15 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,
Prayers for continued progress.

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-21-2021 12:16 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,
Prayers for continued progress.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-21-2021 03:26 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Physical Therapy took her to the gym today for over an hour. She came back exhausted, but the guy said she walked 30 feet using the parallel bars today, bearing her own weight, but he did have to push her left foot forward for each step. It's looking more and more like she may walk again. Roomie still there, but she (or someone) must have lectured the boyfriend. He has calmed down.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-21-2021 04:49 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Norm, for more good news. Glad to hear that the boyfriend is not continuing to make the social situation bad.
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 06-22-2021 02:53 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't stray much from the word association thread, and am just learning of this, and I too will join those praying for you and Millie.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10224 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-22-2021 04:19 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank all of you. More good news: Occupational Therapist got her to move that paralyzed left arm and hand about 3 or 4 inches today. Got my tears flowing.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-22-2021 04:25 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you for telling us more good news. I understand your tears.
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 06-22-2021 11:34 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
These updates are great Norm. Prayers for Millies continued improvement.
Posts: 7184 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 06-24-2021 08:36 AM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,

Thanks for all the updates and rejoicing over the good news. Me and the members of my church are praying for Millie and you!!

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-25-2021 08:22 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not much change to report. I made a quick run home yesterday to take care of a few things. Brother is re-doing our bath. Removed tub and is building a curbless walk-in shower from scratch. Did you know floor tile is expensive? Millie is making slow but steady progress, working with occupational, speech and physical therapy. The bearded lady roommate is gone as is the boyfriend. New one already in place. This is 14th day in rehab. The best news may be, catheter is out.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-25-2021 09:18 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New roommate seems just fine. Millie walked between parallel bars again today. They put her left arm in a sling to keep it out of the way and she holds onto the right bar. She can bear her weight on the left leg but cannot take a step with it. Steps with her right leg and drags they left foot forward. Took 80 steps today. The PT people were really happy with it. Me too. The thing I'm most pleased with is, her brain seems just fine. She wakes up confused sometimes, but with our help, figures out where she is. I have hope that she will overcome this.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-25-2021 11:25 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One step (literally) at a time! This is more good news. Prayers continuing for Millie and for Old Norm. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-27-2021 12:40 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good news Norm. She appears to be getting better each day!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-28-2021 05:08 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mama slept a lot today. I don't know if she was just tired or if it's because I'm so danged boring. PT and OT did work her pretty hard this morning though.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-29-2021 12:14 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,
Thanks for the news. I imagine she slept because of the physical fatigue from therapy. I have had some recent PT and came home and went to bed. Therapy is certainly good for her. I am still praying for her and for you.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-29-2021 07:24 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pretty good day. )n a personal note, Daughter with help of one of her brothers and a couple of Firemen that do it as a side line, got all her belongings from old 2nd floor one bedroom apartment to one on ground floor and two bedrooms and two baths.

At the rehab, Millie rang for help going to bathroom. This LPN is cut from a different bolt of cloth. The others say, "Wait a minute, I have to get more help." This one said, "Come on Honey. Get up." She actually swung both legs over the side of the bed and the nurse took her left (paralyzed) hand, and she stood up Holding the right restraining rail with the other hand. She also walked with a cane yesterday. I am totally happy with her progress.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-30-2021 09:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not trying to bore you guys, but Millie will be discharged from rehab Saturday. Occupational and Physical therapy will still make home health visits though, as I understood it. We'll be staying with our daughter in Bowling Green for an undetermined time though.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-30-2021 10:33 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for more good news. I believe she will be happier in that situation. Home therapy is effective.
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 07-01-2021 11:47 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good news is never boring Norm, keep the updates coming. I too feel that getting out of a facility will make a difference. At least now she will know who to complain to... [Big Grin] .

Hang in there my friend, you 2 have had a great life together and it is my prayers that it will continue for a long time to come.

Posts: 7184 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-01-2021 11:57 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, Great to hear, thanks for the great news!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-03-2021 06:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No discharge today. With a three day weekend here, we decided we would be better off waiting another day. That way, We'll only have one day totally on our own with no help available. She'll be brought here tomorrow. They will load her in the car, but from that point forward, it's all on us. Now it will be ME that needs prayer!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-03-2021 09:16 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,
Be careful about your own health. Lifting can be dangerous. I imagine she will be happier at home. I will be praying for her to make continued progress and for you to not overwork providing her care.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-04-2021 12:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have her at daughter's apartment and she's asleep in a big easy chair. Daughter is preparing Millie's first home cooked meal since May 29. Left arm and hand still pretty much paralyzed, but leg seems a little better. We are on our own, but happy to have her here instead of the noisy rehab hospital!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-04-2021 01:33 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to hear your daughter is helping her mom and you in this difficult time.
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-08-2021 09:14 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just a short report. We are trying to get Millie back into rehab here at Daughter's apartment. Home Health is proving to be a pretty much useless outfit. We have seen one nurse and she was just here to do paperwork. She also attempted to draw blood and botched that. Had a therapist of some kind call this morning (Thursday) to set up an appointment tomorrow or next week. WE have called the rehab hospital about doing outpatient therapy and have decided to go that route. Transport will be a bit of a problem, but we are willing to deal with that to get a good job done by professionals. Millie is still pretty much paralyzed on the left side, but all progress stopped when we left rehab. We'll see how this new route works out.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-12-2021 02:27 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I'm praying for you and your family. I hope Millie can make a full recovery.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-16-2021 08:53 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We finally got all the necessary paperwork taken care of and three, three hour appointments back at the rehab hospital for next week. She'll be seeing speech, occupational and physical therapists one hour each, from 1:00 to 4:00, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. My old car started acting up last week and our oldest son and his wife loaned us one of those ugly little KIA Soul box shaped cars. It came complete with a pair of Crocs. I try hard to avoid anyone I know. Actually, the thing drives and rides very well.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 07-17-2021 09:45 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,
I am so happy that she is getting those important therapies. I am still praying for you both.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-17-2021 10:48 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank all of you for your prayers and moral support. Millie is doing very well. When she wakes up in the mornings, she's a bit confused. We moved her lift chair here to Bowling Green for her to sleep in. She can't get out of it easily, and that was the point. She keeps thinking she can get up and go to the bathroom. She feeds herself, brushes her own teeth and just about anything a person can do while sitting in a chair. When she gets this left leg to work, we'll be going home. Daughter had a lot of vacation and sick time saved up, and the folks at WKU were kind enough to let her take off for an extended period, but she's going to need to go back soon though, probably early August.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com