TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Most obnoxious commercials

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most obnoxious commercials
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 05-06-2021 07:58 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a tough one. Most TV ads are obnoxious. But there are a few that have me grabbing the remote to change the channel.

1. The Joe Namath one for Medicare.
2. The Liberty Mutual ones saying “you only pay for what you need”. Most insurance companies will do this. Mine does.
3. The Progressive Insurance ads. The entire cast just grates on my nerves.

Anyone else have ones you love to hate?

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-06-2021 08:31 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is this thing you call "TV"?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-06-2021 09:30 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I record all the shows I watch so I dont' watch commercials. [Smile]

MEL

Posts: 2792 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-06-2021 09:40 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The "doctor" dehydrating fruit and veggies, powdering and encapsulating them, then claiming they are better for you that fresh fruits and veggies. Give me a break. I cannot think of a less true commercial, ever. And yes. The "Medicare" commercial with Joe Namath.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-06-2021 10:11 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, mine too. “It’s all there.” Makes me want to puke.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com