TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Damn this pandemic!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Damn this pandemic!
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-16-2020 09:39 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Couple of weeks ago I lost a friend and co-worker of 30 years. He was 76 years old and no other risk factors.

My cousins family was told tonight they need to make a decision to take Gene off the respirator in the morning. Doctors told them, he was not suffering but could never survive on his own. Lungs are shot. Never a smoker. He is 75 and in good health, or was.

His wife also has it and is poor health. She is also 75. As of now, she is holding her own. I fear for her outcome, but with this disease you never know.

Risk factor here in Macon County Illinois has increased greatly in the past month.

Covid19 has become very real for me.

[ 10-16-2020, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 10-16-2020 09:54 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy,
I am praying for a vaccine for the covid-19 that is effective and safe.
I am so thankful for the flu vaccine and the polio vaccine, and other vaccines that help us and our children.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-16-2020 10:56 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry for your loss Handy. We have lost one acquaintance and one really good friend. She was a retired nurse, and was in charge of the medical staff at the State Prison in Eddyville. We have a 40ish year old daughter in law, a high school teacher, that had it, but survived.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com