TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Goin' Fishin'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goin' Fishin'
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-11-2020 09:08 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll be leaving early in the morning for four days in Arkansas, in pursuit of the wily trout. There will be eight of us in two cars/trucks. Those double cab trucks with covered beds are great for such trips. In case you guys are thinking I must be rich, I am not. These trips cost us about $200 each, and that's for everything including food. It does not include fishing license, which is less than $70 a year, including trout permit. No internet available there, so I'll be back Thursday evening.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-11-2020 09:26 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have fun Norm and great fellowship with ur friends. And catch some fish!!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-11-2020 09:35 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have fun and be safe.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-11-2020 11:46 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have fun!!! I hope you catch the biggest fish this week.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-11-2020 02:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I could possibly catch the biggest fish, but no way will I catch the most. Some of these guys are nuts. They'll stay out on the river from daylight til dark. When I get tired, hungry, or in need of a bathroom, I'll come on back to the cabin! Old 85 1/2 year old men can't keep up with these 70 year old youngsters!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-11-2020 06:12 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do u have 1 cabin? how many sleep in it? Snoring would be a big prb for me as I can't sleep if I hear someone snoring!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-11-2020 06:58 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep. One cabin, with six single beds in one big room and a queen in another room. There is also a large couch in the living/dining room and kitchen. The couch is where folks like you usually sleep. I sleep with my brother in the queen. We are both very much straight! It has heat and air, TV, hot water, bath, and kitchen area. but no internet. They did hook up internet, but the following week it was hit by lightning which ruined $3000 worth of equipment, and they haven't replaced it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-11-2020 08:36 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good time and an upcoming fish fry at Norm's place, GUYS! I'll bring SOME beer. I won't bring all the beer because I don't have any idea how much beer some of you guys can drink!

J/K Have a GREAT TIME, Norm

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-15-2020 08:17 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm home. Fished with my baby (72) brother all 4 days we were there. He caught the most with sixty something. I was second with 48, beating out the third place guy by one fish. One of the guys, who has enough money to burn a wet mule, bought 8 new self inflating life vests to leave down there with our other stuff (4 totes full), and we will insist that everyone wear one when generators are running. If they refuse, they will not be invited back on any of our trips.
We caught about 300 trout as a group. Everyone had a great time and made it home safely.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-15-2020 08:45 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dang, Norm. You guys should leave a few trout for all the other fishermen!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 10-15-2020 08:58 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awesome. I wish I had friends like that to do things with it sure sounds like fun.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10222 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-15-2020 09:26 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good job Norm bet they taste good!!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-15-2020 11:18 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only fish my brother and I keep are the ones that were hooked in the gills or are bleeding heavily for some other reason. The daily limit is five, hence the reason we turn most of them loose. Possession limit is ten.

BCD: If you want to go with us sometime, we can make that happen. My cost this week was $185 for the dock bill, groceries and gasoline for the trip, plus $12 worth of bait, one breakfast on the road and a sandwich on the way home. Oh, I did stop on the way and got a six pack. The dock bill included the cabin. I think my out of pocket cost was less that $220.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-16-2020 08:49 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That sounds like a fun time. When you fish for trout Norm, do you Wade out into the water?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-16-2020 10:49 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope. We fish from a flat bottom John boat and use a two pound leader with a #10 salmon egg hook, baited with just enough Berkley Power bait to cover the hook. The leader is attached to a snap and swivel on the end of the main line, just below a small slip sinker. Power bait floats, so the bait is not on the bottom. Some people use artificial lures, but I'm too lazy for that. There are a lot of different methods and baits, but the one above is my favorite by far.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 10-17-2020 06:21 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Old Norm:

BCD: If you want to go with us sometime, we can make that happen. My cost this week was $185 for the dock bill, groceries and gasoline for the trip, plus $12 worth of bait, one breakfast on the road and a sandwich on the way home. Oh, I did stop on the way and got a six pack. The dock bill included the cabin. I think my out of pocket cost was less that $220.

Thanks for the offer, I think I'd be a big third wheel and an outsider.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10222 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-17-2020 08:12 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not likely.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com