TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Returning to the wilds...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Returning to the wilds...
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-27-2020 11:44 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My two best buddies growing up and I are heading to Red River Gorge for a few days of solace amid the wilds.

We rarely get together, and don't talk much at all on the phone, but our friendship is strong enough that it seems as if no time has transpired since last we met. In fact, it has been over 40 years since all three of us were together except for weddings and funerals. I have no idea what their politics are, and I doubt seriously that the subject will even come up. And I am very, very happy about that.

I don't know if I will have internet access, so if I go silent for a while, think of me out there in Eastern Kentucky walking the trails of my youth. We spent a LOT of time hiking and camping in the area up through our college years, and it will be very good to do it once again while we still can.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-27-2020 11:47 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope you have the time of your life.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9793 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-27-2020 12:37 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope you have a great time. About the only "old" friends I have left are my two brothers. I do get to see them from time to time, and especially enjoy going on these trout trips with them. The oldest of the two is pretty much home bound now, with a wife that can't do for herself anymore. He gets to go maybe once a year, if one of her daughters comes and stays with her.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-28-2020 05:06 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
think of me out there in Eastern Kentucky walking the trails of my youth.
I love the "mountains"!

[ 09-28-2020, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 10-04-2020 06:00 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i love going to the mountains---i dont walk them anymore--i ride 4 wheeler or one of my horses--but i do love to go back to the places i squirrel hunted as a kid, started hunting by my self at 12 years old and still love to squirrel hunt only now no one eats them---so i never shoot them--only watch

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com