TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » All Banged Up

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All Banged Up
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-30-2020 08:05 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One of these days, I'm going to tell myself, "Norm, You are too old do to do some of the things you used to do." I hit a stump with the mower Monday, and bent a baffle underneath the deck, causing a blade to hit it. Decided to fix it myself (and did). I have a boat trailer winch/hoist mounted in my garage, and use it to lift the front of the mower when working on the blades or deck. The winch has a 2" wide nylon strap. When I got the front wheels about 6" off the ground, the strap broke. No big deal, except for the fact that on it's way down, the edge of the deck hit my left ankle. It's not broken, but it has a bloody spot about the size of a quarter, and the back of the foot is black and blue and as sore as a cancer on a cat's ass! Also, I have old man bruises all over my forearms and hands, from taking the deck off the mower and putting it back on. Fortunately, I don't even know when they happened, and they are not painful. You old guys know what I mean.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-30-2020 10:00 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea I know Norm - moving rock around the house is killing me and my back. hang in there..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-30-2020 11:37 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, do you take a blood thinner? I have some of the same problems and I attribute some of the bruising to that plus my age. I can get a scratch and look like I’m about to bleed out. I’ve said before, I don’t mind getting older but these side effects are rough.
Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-30-2020 02:37 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do take an 81mg aspirin every evening, and have one pill that is not classified as a blood thinner, but is supposed to make the corpuscles flexible, so they can get through tight places. It does basically the same thing as a thinner. It's brand name is Pletal. Generic, Cilostozal.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com