TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Mountain Mafia

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mountain Mafia
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-22-2020 07:20 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any recent updates regarding Mountain Mafia's wife and her serious illness?
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-22-2020 07:57 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sincerely, I hope she is doing good!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-23-2020 08:57 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We just got back from Huntsville last night. She had her pre-admission test yesterday (blood, covid, etc.) and is scheduled for surgery Thursday morning. We will be going back tomorrow night.

The surgery will be done by a thoracic surgeon who specializes in this type cancer, which is why we went to Huntsville.

Even though all the scans show that the cancer has not spread to the lymph nodes the Dr said he is going to take a sample to biospy to make sure.

If everything is clear he will proceed with surgery. If not, she will have to undergo radiation and chemo and then have surgery.

The best prognosis is that he may be able to save the upper lobe...the worst is removing the entire lung.

The good thing is her other lung is perfectly healthy and can support her without oxygen.

Thanks guys.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-23-2020 11:26 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.
Thanks for the update. I do sympathize for your concern. I am praying for her and you.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 06-23-2020 11:59 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you, MM. We truly do appreciate the update

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 06-23-2020 01:05 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How scary this must be. I can't imagine. Praying for healing and strength.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9797 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 06-23-2020 07:11 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the bright side, the wife's grandmother lived with just one lung for 35 years and you didn't even know she was missing the other one if someone didn't tell you!

Oddly enough, no one ever smoked around her during her lifetime!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 06-24-2020 11:40 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers to guide the surgeon's hands and for a successful outcome.

Stay strong for Momma, my friend. We are behind you.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 06-24-2020 12:18 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM for what it is worth - my wife had a malignant melanoma (clark 3) detected while we were in Amman Jordan and she was flown to Georgetown(DC) Hospital were she had surgery. Fortunately, her cancer had NOT spread beyond her lymph nodes which meant the surgeon operated in time. (that was 39yrs ago)

Praying the same result for your wife as it appears to have not spread...Will keep our fingers crossed and pray for her..

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-25-2020 04:19 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ucfl, good news for sure, God bless your wife...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 06-26-2020 04:11 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Surgery is over and mama is doing great...had to remove her right lung but we were prepared for that possibility and we are ready to move forward to a healthy recovery. We are hoping she will be discharged by Monday.

Guys, I truly, sincerely appreciate your support and, most of all, your prayers for her. It has meant so much to both of us.

Thank you all so much!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 06-26-2020 07:00 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, Thanks for the great news and take good care of your special wife..

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 06-26-2020 07:09 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.
Thank you for the good news!!!!I hope and pray that the news will continue to be good.

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 06-26-2020 07:56 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hope everything goes well post surgery MM !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 06-27-2020 01:11 AM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is great news. Prayers will continue for her recovery.
Posts: 7201 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com