TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Special Man.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Special Man.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-11-2020 05:52 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This was written by the director of the funeral home in Salem Kentucky. The gentleman he writes about lived in the same small town in western Kentucky as my wife. I saw my wife crying as she read this and thought it was worth sharing.

Norris really was a special man.

“I typically don't write about the families we serve, mainly because I feel as though that is a sacred trust between us, and our client families. Today though, I'm going to make an exception, because I don't think he would mind.
Today, we buried a man named Mr. Norris McElmurry. He lived a very simple life without all of the trappings most of us are accustom too.
He was a good man, who studied his bible, loved the Lord, and had the special talent to be able to spell backwards as fast as he could forward. Not just words, but whole paragraphs. A man who was asked to be on the "Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno" for his amazing ability, but declined the invitation.
Norris often told people he had no family left after he lost his parents and brothers. I guess I could understand that, but if only he could have seen what I did today. I don't think Norris REALLY understood the lives he touched in his brief time on this earth.
Because, for a man with no family, I saw a lot of people crying and telling stories today. I saw people who took him to church that missed him terribly. I saw a church family that missed him terribly. I saw friends that missed him terribly. I saw people volunteer to cut hair, make flowers, and be pallbearers. I saw extended family come, and pay their respects. I saw people stand on the side of the road and wave when a hearse drove slowly by.
You see, sometimes we need to remember, family isn't JUST about blood. It's about the people who care about you on a daily basis. People who take time for you when you're in need. People who help lift you up when you're down, and people who pray for you every day.
I look forward, someday, to seeing Norris again, and when I do I wanna ask, like I did a few times before. "Norris, spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." I hope I hear him laugh, and say, "Andy, why don't you give me a hard one, suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus."

https://youtu.be/LLtCI2iFYj8

You won’t be sorry if you take the time to watch the you tube attachment.

RIP Norris,

[ 05-11-2020, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-11-2020 06:17 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Amen Handy tks for sharing

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-12-2020 02:47 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's an impressive video.

[ 05-12-2020, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: rlt4uk ]

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-19-2020 10:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Awesome

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com