TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Bad News (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Bad News
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-04-2020 04:57 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Update:

The PET scan results were good, I think and hope.

It showed a place in her groin but don't believe it is malignant, otherwise the tumor seems to be local and nowhere else.

Next is to schedule a biopsy with a pulmonologist. This will tell what type of cancer and what stage.

Thanks guys, y'all been great!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-04-2020 06:45 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news!
Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-04-2020 09:49 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fantastic has to be a big load off your mind.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-04-2020 10:09 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It sure is cmd, sleep been hard to come by lately.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-05-2020 12:28 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great news, MM. I'll continue to pray for you and your wife.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 05-05-2020 10:05 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear the good news, MM. The power of prayer never ceases to amaze me.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-20-2020 01:36 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the prayers guys, they're paying off.

Biospy said the cancer is non-small cell and slow growing, which is good news.

That means that surgery is a possible option and maybe a "cure", but it may require the removal of one lung because of the location of the tumor, directly in the main bronchial tube of that lung...we thought it was lower down in one lung for some reason?

Don't know yet if radio-chemo is an option and maybe save the lung...probably a lot we don't know yet.

So far, about as good as we could hope for.

Edit:

Mama says thanks too.

[ 05-20-2020, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-20-2020 01:45 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's great news, MM. Science has come a long way in the treatment of cancer. I pray that your wife has many, many years left in her.
Posts: 10341 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-20-2020 05:29 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Encouraging news! One of my best friends had lung cancer about 12 years back. I’m pretty sure it also was small cell. He's doing great and mean as ever! I’m sure Susie will also. I know it’s tough times for you, your wife and entire family. I continue to pray for you all.
Posts: 5398 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-20-2020 10:50 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to hear the news. I will continue to pray that she will keep her lung and thrive for many more years.

After all, who else will take care of you? [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13621 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-21-2020 09:27 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:

After all, who else will take care of you? [Smile]

Ain't that the truth!

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-21-2020 02:30 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.
The treatment is so much improved compared to my earlier years. Technology has made such a difference. Testing is more reliable and safer.
Your situation is not funny, but I do have a true funny story.
I had a patient with abdominal pain that I could not diagnose and I sent her to a gastroenterologist. He ordered a CT scan. Only minor problems were found.
When she came back to see me, she said "I hate those CT scans and do not want to ever have another one. They put me on that hard table and rolled me into that dark tube. I have claustrophbia plus all the noise that thing made frightened me even more.
I said, "When I was a young doctor, we didn't do those tests. We did exploratory laparotomies". She asked me what they were and when I told her, she said "I'd rather have a CT scan!!

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-21-2020 03:09 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Much heartfelt thanks Dr. Clyde and my TCD friends...I sincerely appreciate you guys.

--------------------

Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 05-21-2020 08:12 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not normally up here on the site but the title of the thread got my attention. Sorry to hear about your wife's problem but glad you found out it is not near as bad as it could be. Hope all goes well in the treatment and we are praying for her. My wife and I are getting ready to celebrate 56 years in about 23 days. We were married in a small Baptist church in Madison Co. between Berea and Richmond in June 1964 just after I reenlisted in the Air Force so I would have enough money to buy me a suit to get married in. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14155 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 05-21-2020 09:16 PM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM--prayers for your wife and family----with god all things are possible.we may disagree and argue like we do---but in sickness ---BIG BLUE NATION is like family

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-21-2020 09:32 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bama,
Thank you very much for your service in the military.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-21-2020 11:32 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Three weeks from Sunday, Millie and I will be married 62 years. I couldn't afford a suit. Wore my Air Force uniform.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-22-2020 07:48 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Old Norm,
Thank you for your service. I want to thank all of you guys who served our country in the military. I did not serve in the military. I was afraid of going to Vietnam and joined the USPHS in 1966.

M.M., I certainly pray for you and your wife every day. I pray for many of my friends who are much younger than me who have major medical problems and are disabled worse than me.

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-22-2020 09:51 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
country cat:
quote:
we may disagree and argue like we do---but in sickness ---BIG BLUE NATION is like family
So true, cc, so true.

We all know that our little debates mean nothing in the end. They don't put food on our tables, pay our bills, protect us from harm and certainly don't change anyone's mind, and they usually wind up right where they started. On top of that, the people we are fussing about could not care less.

It's the people in our lives we love, and love us, that matter. They keep us grounded, give us strength, hope, the will and determination to overcome adversity.

As you said, with God's help nothing is impossible.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-22-2020 05:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^^^AMEN^^^^^^ (I don't have a tear in my eye, you do!!)

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123982 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com