TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Bad News (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Bad News
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-30-2020 01:46 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mama has lung cancer, we just found out yesterday.

The CT scan showed a mass in her lower left lung, it measured 2.7mm x 1.7mm x 1.7mm. It doesn't appear like it has spread to the lymph nodes, hopefully.

She is scheduled for a PET scan tomorrow and we go back Monday for the final diagnosis and treatment options.

Any prayers for her would be welcomed and appreciated.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-30-2020 02:06 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, prayers have been said..God Bless your wife.

[ 05-01-2020, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-30-2020 02:08 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh dear God! Of course I will be praying for "mama". A name would help me focus my prayers.

Take good care of Moma, but don't forget to take care of yourself as well. You will be vital in her journey back to health. You won't do her any good if you get sick too!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-30-2020 02:09 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry, cmd, I wasn't clear...Mama is my lovely wife...Suzy.

[ 04-30-2020, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 04-30-2020 02:10 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.
I am so sorry to hear about that. I pray that she will not suffer. Where does she live and how old is she?

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-30-2020 02:12 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will do, Tip...Thank you.

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-30-2020 02:26 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dr. Clyde...I like that name...you done good hc.

We live on the outskirts of Tuscaloosa in the more rural area...about 25 minutes away.

She is 73 and otherwise she is in great health. Only takes meds for acid reflux. She did smoke for many years but not in the last 18.

She came down with bronchitis and pneumonia in January and was really sick (very unusual for her). She recovered from everything except the cough...it lingered on and on.

About 2 weeks ago she went for an x-ray and it kinda went from there...one test led to another.

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-30-2020 02:37 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M&M, I’ll have you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers. This kind of makes me put things in perspective. Hang in there Buddy.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-30-2020 02:42 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you, my friend...and friends,

[ 04-30-2020, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-30-2020 04:38 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, my mom got lung cancer at age 69 and beat it, so just stay as positive as you can. It's good news that it isn't in the lymph nodes - maybe they caught this early which is very good towards beating cancer. You and Suzy have my prayers.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-30-2020 04:53 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this MM. My wife and I pray a rosary every day for a lot of people. Suzy will be included in it from now on.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-30-2020 06:20 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, I will be praying for you and your wife. Sorry to hear this.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-30-2020 06:50 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM truly sorry to hear that - my wife Joan and I will be praying for your wife and for you...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-30-2020 07:51 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks fellas. I'll pass along your prayers and good wishes.

She'll love it! She's actually heard of most of you guys. [Smile]

--------------------

Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 04-30-2020 08:05 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I too will pray for your wife and those treating her

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10224 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-30-2020 08:11 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers MM for you and Suzy.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-01-2020 04:43 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just now saw this MM! Prayers already sent up! I will continue to pray for both of your health!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123964 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 05-02-2020 12:00 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, you and your lovely bride will be in my thoughts and prayers, too. Keep the faith!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-02-2020 12:26 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M.M.
I am also praying for her daily.

Is your wife a Kentucky mountain woman?

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-02-2020 03:17 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, Dr Clyde, she's not a mountain woman, but she is the cream of the crop from Alabama. [Smile]

--------------------

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 05-02-2020 03:21 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's funny MM as my wife is from Ala. They must know each other as only a few women anywhere are the cream of the crop as ours are! [Wink]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-02-2020 03:34 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You got that right, Ed. [Smile]

Suzy truly is the love of my life. I'm sure everyone on here feels the way about their wife...I don't know where my sorry ass would be today if not for her.

BTW, I told her about all the nice things you guys were saying. She said: "I thought those guys didn't like you"? I replied: "They're not praying for me"! We both had a big laugh. She really does appreciate it guys...as do I.

[ 05-02-2020, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-02-2020 04:36 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most of you guys are just newlyweds. My wife and I were married in Inez, Kentucky, in June, 1965.
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-02-2020 04:46 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are truly blessed, Dr Clyde. [Smile]

--------------------

Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 05-02-2020 05:42 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers are with your wife and you as well, MM.

And ,Clyde, you've got my wife and me by over a year. We were married in September, 1966. I'm sure Norm has us all beat by a lot.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 05-02-2020 05:57 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
No, Dr Clyde, she's not a mountain woman, but she is the cream of the crop from Alabama. [Smile]

My wife too, is from Alabama and I got the pick of the litter when I got her.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-02-2020 07:15 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, it isn't that we don't like you. We just disagree with your 95% of your political views.

Heck, I would be happy to buy you a bourbon should we meet.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13595 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-02-2020 07:53 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know, Tip....I was just cutting up with her... I told her that you guys did pray for me....pray for me to go away! [Big Grin]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 05-02-2020 08:05 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt:
quote:
My wife too, is from Alabama and I got the pick of the litter when I got her
Looks like they’re all from the same litter! [Smile]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-02-2020 08:15 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, a real conservative would make him buy.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 05-02-2020 08:30 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Tip, a real conservative would make him buy.

A real conservative would own the establishment and give him the first drink free in hopes he'd bring all his friends to buy drinks! Capitalism at work!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-03-2020 08:21 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jarcat:
I'm sure Norm has us all beat by a lot.

June 14, 1958.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-03-2020 11:52 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm,
that beats my wife and me by many yeas. Congratulations on such a long marriage.

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-03-2020 03:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ours is August 13th 1961.

--------------------

Posts: 186357 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-03-2020 05:14 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of you guys that I could call DAD!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123964 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-03-2020 05:26 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cat,
You all are another pair that has my wife and I beat.

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-03-2020 07:07 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clydeh, I was a sales Rep for a number of companies that supplied General Electric in Louisville. My partner handled Cullman products and we sold a ton of aluminum parts to GE through the years. Cullman was a great company and wondered if they are still the company they were 20 years ago.

--------------------

GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 05-04-2020 02:54 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Praying for "mama" and you!

My wife and I were married on July 29, 1989.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2229 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 05-04-2020 03:04 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cat, I had several patients who worked for Cullman Products years ago and it was a good employer here. I think another company bought them and I'm not sure their name.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 05-04-2020 03:37 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Clydeh, that makes sense...

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com