TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Well, I broke quarantine

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Well, I broke quarantine
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-21-2020 08:44 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Last week, I worked on Monday, then had 9 days off - I go back to work tomorrow. I had taken the vacation for an event this passed weekened in Atlanta which got cancelled, but I figured a week off during the time period when Illinois was supposed to peak in Covid wasn't such a bad idea, anyway. My son, who just turned 15, and I were supposed to go visit my Dad last month over his spring break. Neither Dad nor myself was comfortable at that time with the travel.

Now when I say we go 'visit' my Dad, what I mean is, we go down to Kentucky and stay at the house but work out on the farm all day doing things he can't do by himself anymore. So when I called him last week, he asked if we could come down to help him work some cattle - tag their ears, vaccinate them, etc. So, I gave it 72 hours of staying home before leaving, had no outward symptoms of the virus, and we hit the road. Got there Thursday afternoon and came home Sunday. Got about 40 cattle worked and a few other odds and ends done. Tried to keep our distance as best we could.

I felt like such a bad boy, but you gotta do what you gotta do. With warmer weather approaching, those cows and others should have been worked a month ago. Ticks are going to be awful this year after the mild winter (what purpose do those little jerks serve, anyway?). We're due to go back in June for more of the same, and the plan is for my son to spend 2-3 weeks down there from late June til early July. Hopefully this is all mostly passed us by then.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-21-2020 09:36 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We broke it too. The Food Giant had stocked and opened it's greenhouse. It was posted on Facebook, our daughter saw it, called her Mom, and that was the end of isolation for about a half hour. Now we have lots of flower plants and pots, but no potting soil. I guess she'll call the local grandson today and ask him to get it. I wouldn't have done it, but when Mama's happy, everybody is happy!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-21-2020 10:05 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My step father lives by himself, and about all he does is go to the grocery store or frequent a bar once a week for a pool tournament. There's not much he really does anymore, but this quarantine is really taking a toll on him. He sounded real depressed the other day and i wanted to tell him to just mask up and go for a drive, go do something. I think to a certain degree we can't just stop living. Just be smart about it. Wear a mask when in public, keep your distance and wash your hands a lot. I bet this crisis is really hard on people who are alone by themselves.
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 04-21-2020 12:25 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We just spread over 1/2 ton of cow manure on our garden. That’s a lot of sh*t !!!

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-21-2020 01:00 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jarcat:
We just spread over 1/2 ton of cow manure on our garden. That’s a lot of sh*t !!!

Sounds like you did a sh*tty job, Jarcat. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10340 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-21-2020 04:39 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Best fertilizer there is, IMO. I didn't like it, but I have loaded many tons into a manure spreader using a pitch fork. No front end loader on our farm.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-21-2020 04:48 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man, I tell ya, you Republicans just can not stop talking schit! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-21-2020 06:06 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well if any of you fellas need more cow $hit, I know a farm in west KY that would be happy to get rid of some! If you can load it, you can have it. BYO skidsteer or loader bucket!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-21-2020 06:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Man, I tell ya, you Republicans just can not stop talking schit! [Big Grin]

Well, I notice that you chimed right in! [Eek!]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-21-2020 06:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, like you I cleaned out my share of stalls in barns as well. We hade a front end loader on front of my Papa's 135 Massey but the stalls beside the main driveway had to be done by hand. There were several years when the tractor was broke down so we did the entire job by hand!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123978 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-21-2020 07:55 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
Well, I notice that you chimed right in
Well, I’ve noticed a lot of times you didn’t! It was a joke Norm...OK?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-21-2020 08:43 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure how much more I can take. It's not just the shelter in place, it is the weather here in Northern Indiana. This whole time we have been on lock down, other than 4 or 5 days the weather has been miserable. No Sun/Cold/Rainy/Windy and then to top it off last Friday, we got 6 inches of snow. Saturday was a nice day, sunny and close to 60, so it all melted and I mowed the yard, but Saturday was an exception weather wise during this time.

The next 7 days of forecast is a high of 50, no sun, and more rain and wind. We even had a few more snow flakes fly this morning. So depressing.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-21-2020 09:26 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Norm:

Well, I’ve noticed a lot of times you didn’t! It was a joke Norm...OK?[/QUOTE]
So was mine MM. Sorry you didn't get it.

[ 04-21-2020, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 04-21-2020 09:32 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I apologize for misinterpreting Norm...guess I've got "cabin fever"! [Smile]

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-22-2020 12:56 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I used a lot of chicken crap down here in Alabama. My wife's family has chicken house and they'll bring me a Big old scoop of it and I'll till it in. It takes about 3 weeks before I can plant because the ammonia levels are so high.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9779 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com