TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » HOW DOES (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: HOW DOES
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-11-2020 02:18 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...everyone typically spend their day?

Early riser here, up by 4am (often earlier) most every morning...turn on the computer, put on coffee.

After a couple hours drinking coffee and "interneting" I go out to my shop. My hobby is woodworking and I really do enjoy it. Except for naps, food and some TV sprinkled in here and there, I spend most of the day (and night sometimes) in my shop.

I seem to like "hammering" on things for some reason. [Wink]

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-11-2020 03:35 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I get up at 5 and goe to bed about 10. I have given up almost all my hobby’s. At one time, I was an avid golfer, fisherman and woodworker. Not anymore. Now my time is spent reading, napping, browsing the internet, and watching news and sports.

I worked some pretty menial part time jobs to pass the time for several years after retiring but I got over that. I volunteer for meals on wheels a couple of days a week and other things that make me feel better about my mostly unproductive life.

[ 02-11-2020, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-11-2020 04:01 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seldom get out of bed before 7:30, except on Thursday. We have 8:00am Mass, but do a rosary first, so we try to get there by 7:30. After Mass, we meet our priest and deacon at the local restaurant and buy them breakfast. We also have Mass at 10:00am on Sunday, but don't feed anybody but ourselves after that. On other days, I spend a lot of time playing solitaire on the PC, and do a bit of internet browsing. Our house sits on 5 acres, about three of which are not wooded, so in the warm months, I mow...… a lot. I take a four day trout fishing trip to north central Arkansas 3 or 4 times a year. I go down to the afore mentioned restaurant at 2:00 every afternoon except Sunday, and drink coffee with 5 or 6 other old geezers. TV from 7 to 10 just about every evening, and back to bed at 10:00.

[ 02-11-2020, 04:04 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-11-2020 06:43 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Up every morning at 4:20, make my lunch fix my breakfast, turn on my computer check TCD.

Go to work and work most days until around 3:30. (In the power plant industry, coal fired, we take units off from 4-8 weeks in spring and fall to work on equipment that can't be repaired on a LIVE unit! Those days of the year we may work 10-12 hours a day upwards of 7 days a week.)

WOrk out most days after work in the plant supplied gym. It's a pretty nice facility located on the property. It has just about all of the equipment that the average lifter/fitness person needs. Cardio Equip. 3 elipticals, 2 treadmills, 2 bikes and a row machine. Free weights and cable machines as well!

Come home and either start supper, the wife is a Pharmacy Technician (27yrs) for Walmart. She usually gets off work after I do so I may have supper ready when she gets home!

I'm usually in bed by 10.

[ 02-11-2020, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123854 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-11-2020 10:10 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mh:
quote:
WOrk out most days after work in the plant supplied gym.
When I worked evening shift (3-11) in the mines I would go to the gym for a couple hours before work 4 days a week.

Now, my idea of weight lifting is standing up.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 02-12-2020 06:56 AM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Up at 0430, cook breakfast, and out the door by 0515, work 0600-1500. During the summer I mow about 4 acres, and then just bush hog the other acreage a few times a year.
I like to sit on the porch in the evenings with a glass of bourbon and a cigar.
Winter I get home help with supper, dish, laundry, and do my best to ensure the recliner doesn't move. Luckily i have the arse to get the job done.
Oh, and I work at least one weekend a month with my Reserve team.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10219 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-12-2020 10:32 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great question.

As for me, I've got a pretty weird schedule. Paramedic, I work 24 hour shifts every 3rd day. Those days, I'm up by 0545, out the door by 0630 after I wake up my son for school. Don't get home from work until usually 0900 the following day. Surf the web, eat something, take a shower and nap. Get up in time to get the boy from school, we usually go work out together for about an hour. Come home, either I cook or the wife will bring home supper. Eat, watch some TV with her, then in bed by 2200 or so. Next day, my other day off, I get up about 0615-0630, wake up the boy for school. Surf around the 'net and study - full time nursing student, too - most of the day. Maybe catch up on some of my recorded TV shows that the wife isn't in to. Catch up on laundry and honey-do lists. Wash, rinse, repeat!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-12-2020 12:14 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
I volunteer for meals on wheels a couple of days a week and other things that make me feel better about my mostly unproductive life.
Nothing more gracious and productive than volunteering your time to help others...you should be patting yourself on the back.

--------------------

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-12-2020 02:25 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I work 10pm to 6am on helicopters I'm a aircraft mechanic. Bed by 7am -12pm. I get my mom's lunch and stay with her until 2 pm. From 3-5 I work at city hall, I'm on city council. 5:30-8 spend time with my wife, eat supper and do it all again. I'm like a ant, I'm constantly rebuilding that ant hill. Saturdays I play golf and sundays I go to church.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-12-2020 07:18 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kudos to you M&M for starting this thread. I’ve found it interesting to know more about my Domain friends. I hope more will post on it.

You all have inspired me to come clean about my “real” daily life. You see, I’m a Texas Ranger presently working on assignment for the CIA as a mole in North Korea. I wish I could tell more but I would be revealing classified information.

[ 02-12-2020, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-12-2020 07:33 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, how do you find the time to help cal coach?

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-12-2020 11:04 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:
quote:
I’m a Texas Ranger
I thought you said you lived in Illinois?

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-13-2020 08:36 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bcd:
quote:
What's your fav bourbon?

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-13-2020 10:05 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt4uk, due to maintaining world peace, I only help Cal when he calls. Due to terrible signals here in North Korea, receiving calls can be challenging. Hence our losses.

Saying I live in Illinois is part of my cover. Why in the world would anybody really live in Illinois?

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-13-2020 11:16 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
Why in the world would anybody really live in Illinois?

A really good question !!! (The exclamation marks are an effort to support Mel)

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-13-2020 11:21 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm... I am an IT consultant, and I have different routines depending on if my job takes me on the road or if I am working from home.

When at home, I get up late (8-ish), log into the computer and check messages, catch up on administrivia, and pretend to be productive. Fix a big late breakfast at 11-ish. Work the rest of the day until 5 or 6.

When I travel for work, I generally fly to the client site on Monday, get my rental car, check into the hotel, and if time allows, visit my client school. Tuesday through Friday, I get up earlier, eat my large breakfast, and hit the road by 8am to the client school for the day, which is spent helping them cope with the complex software my company sold them. Friday, I get up, pack my bags, and depending on my flight time, I may go to the client site. I then head to the airport, drop off my rental car, and fly home. Travel generally consumes 5-8 hours of my Mondays and Fridays. Currently, I am flying to LA every week for six months. That trip is killing me -- an hour to the airport, an hour IN the airport, 4-6 hours to get to my destination, then an hour to get the rental car and go to the hotel. Plus, I have to cope with the 3-hour time difference AND deal with being in the Peoples Republic of California!

Whether working from home or traveling, I check TCD often, and keep tabs on my investing buddies on the Motley Fool.

My weekends are my time to be "normal".
Saturdays, I try to find time to write a few articles for the Motley Fool, go to the gym, do my laundry, and pack my suitcase (if I am traveling the next week). The rest of the time I do whatever Mrs. Tiptree demands of me. [Smile]

I have a lot of hobbies, but one in particular has been dominating my "free time". I spend WAAAY too much time and money playing competitive ("Duplicate") bridge. I am in pursuit of my "Life Master" status, as well as being the president of the board for our local bridge club and the club's bridge teacher. During the weeks I am working from home, I teach a brief (30 minute) bridge lesson for novices on Monday night, and on Tuesday I play bridge against vicious, heartless blue-haired old ladies who rip my beating heart out of my chest and laugh as they take bites from it. [Eek!] I teach a more extensive lesson in bridge (2 hours) on the weekends. 5-6 times a year I go to sectional, regional and national bridge tournaments, generally only for the weekend (the tournaments last anywhere from 3 to 11 days, but as a working stiff, I must be content to compete when I can).

You meet some very interesting people playing competitive bridge. Two weekends ago, I was playing in a regional tournament in Indianapolis. These draw word-class players from all over the US and abroad.
We sat down to play a team who spoke with an accent, so I asked where they were from. They live in North Carolina, but were all from Poland originally. They were VERY good, but we held our ground, losing by only 4 IMPs (almost nothing). They went on to crush the field and won the tournament by a huge margin, while we finished tied for second in our lower division. The next week, I got my monthly "Bulletin" (the magazine published by the governing body of competitive bridge) and the guy we played with was named Player of the Year for 2019, having won more international "open" competitions than anybody else. His partner for the day we played him was the guy who invented the 401k plan, which got him nominated for the Nobel Prize in economics!

Speaking of tournaments, this weekend I will be down in Owensboro for the "Sweetheart Swiss" tournament. Anybody live near Owensboro?

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 02-13-2020 12:47 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(to know more about my Domain friends)

Doubt I fit the above anymore but

I still coach H.S. varsity basketball and still a cop albeit reserve status nowdays. 20 yrs doing this now after 37 with the State Dept.(mostly overseas)

up at 6 each morning drink coffee and get rdy for the day.
p.s. we played our district tourney last night and a power house team "The Villages" best team money can buy, beat us in ot after the ref called off a made last sec shot that would have given us a 86 to 83 win. Wish I knew how to post the video as it is clear the ball was almost at the rim on a 30 ft shot when the buzzer went off. No justice against the power teams..

[ 02-13-2020, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-13-2020 01:24 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
rlt4uk, due to maintaining world peace, I only help Cal when he calls. Due to terrible signals here in North Korea, receiving calls can be challenging. Hence our losses.

Saying I live in Illinois is part of my cover. Why in the world would anybody really live in Illinois?

😁,your secret is safe with me

--------------------

Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 02-13-2020 01:33 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
Bcd:
quote:
What's your fav bourbon?
I like the Henry McKenna 10 yr, but I can never find it.....typical daily pours are Elijah Craig, and 1792. Being in Indiana, I have a hard time finding a variety of bourbons.

Do you have a favorite?

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-13-2020 01:44 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Four Roses Single Barrel. The high rye content in the mash bill makes it nice and spicy on the palate, but it has a really smooth finish.

For scotch, I have to go with Laphroaig 10-year. It has a smokey, peaty, seaweed-infused taste that slaps you right up side the face. [Wink]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-13-2020 01:48 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TIP:
quote:
I am an IT consultant,
My current boss was a consultant (Foster Care-Child Placement)for many years....the traveling almost got her...and me.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-13-2020 02:19 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM the travel has pluses and minuses, for sure.

On the plus side, when I am on the road, my expenses drop to zero -- my company pays for everything. Let's just say that I eat well, and I have the belly to prove it. [Smile] I also get to rack up airline miles and hotel points, which have been incredibly useful in shuttling my daughters home from college and getting me free hotel nights when I go play bridge.

One the minus side, it does wear you down. I don't sleep well even at home, but on the road, I become a zombie. Sometimes I wake up and wonder which city I am in. And now, being on an airplane with hundreds of other people gives me added exposure to illnesses, including the coronavirus.

I have only been doing this for a little over 3.5 years, so I am still OK with it. I have at most 5 years until I retire, so I think I can make it. [Smile] But I have been exploring some other options... but don't tell my boss.

--------------------
Tiptree

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-13-2020 02:38 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bcd:
quote:
Do you have a favorite?
Nah...can't drink the hard stuff even though I probably have tried it all, but I do like beer...nothing special...Miller, Bud, etc.

Ironically, my family was in the Retail Liquor business for 50 years.

Btw, 1792 is gooood stuff...my brother's fav.

Tip:

quote:
slaps you right up side the face.
Want me sum of dat.

Just a heads up:

I tried to use an exclamation mark...I got a pop-up saying they were on back order.

[ 02-13-2020, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-13-2020 04:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am retired and my awaking time has changed considerably, I'ts now right around 9 am. This gives me plenty of time to get to the golf course by 11am. [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-13-2020 04:27 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
C'on cmd....tell us more.

[ 02-14-2020, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: MountainMafia ]

--------------------

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-13-2020 04:40 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
rlt4uk:
quote:
your secret is safe with me
Me too [Big Grin]

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-13-2020 04:49 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote by ukcatfan
quote:
(to know more about my Domain friends)

doubt I fit the above anymore but

I consider you a friend. Because we have had different views at times does not change that. I’m just glad to see you back and posting occasionally. You add to this group even if you are wrong at times.😁

[ 02-13-2020, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-13-2020 05:04 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc:

quote:
I consider you a friend. Because we have had different views at times does not change that. I’m just glad to see you back and posting occasionally. You add to this group even if you are wrong at times
I agree 100%...with everything!

--------------------

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-13-2020 06:42 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now that I'm back to work, it's up at around 7:00 am. Shower real quick and sit down for a couple cups of coffee while going over the morning sports sites. Leave the house at 7:50 and get to work at 8:00 (yes, that's pretty awesome). I'm an RPG programmer on the IBM AS400 (aka iSeries). If any of you remember the old black computer screen with green words - that's what I do and I love it. None of this new technology that fails once a day or requires weekly updates. I could write a program on the AS400 today and it would still run fine 50 years from now.

After work in the winter, it's usually eat dinner and then to the TV or the computer. After work in the summer, it's eat dinner and head to the deck with coffee and a cigar. Every night! Then TV the rest of the night. I play in a golf league once a week.

I was off work from June through November of last year and it was awesome. I can relate to how you retired guys are livin'. But I'm 52 and on target to go work at Home Depot and still live a very nice life style when I'm 55. If I could just keep the wife from spending money!

Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 02-13-2020 07:32 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiptree:
Four Roses Single Barrel. The high rye content in the mash bill makes it nice and spicy on the palate, but it has a really smooth finish.

For scotch, I have to go with Laphroaig 10-year. It has a smokey, peaty, seaweed-infused taste that slaps you right up side the face. [Wink]

I live four roses single barrel too.
I haven’t delved into scotch.
I like Russian imperial stouts too. Too much maybe. Lol

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-14-2020 03:02 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why in the world would anybody really live in Illinois?

Been asking myself this for 20 years now. Then I remember, the wife has a gig with state pension and retirement. I hope this crap hole of a state is able to pay it out when the time comes.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-14-2020 03:35 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PC:
quote:
I can relate to how you retired guys are livin'.
respectfully,.......maybe not.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-17-2020 06:22 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wife and I were both born in Rockford Illinois and lived there to I went to mortuary school in Louisville 1973. We liked it so much that after graduation we stayed there. The in-laws didn't like it at all as they owned the mortuary that I was supposed to work for. I ended up representing about 5 companies that sold product to General Electric that had a huge facilities in Louisville. It was a great move that the wife and kids really enjoyed. We all became huge Kentucky fans and got tickets for both basketball and football. I miss living there but the weather here in Saint Augustine is perfect and i get to play golf all year round and watch the Cats on TV. Life is good!

--------------------

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 02-18-2020 12:07 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You’re obviously very happy....good for you cmd.

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-18-2020 10:25 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cmd, if you have any questions or want any pictures of old Rockford haunts, let me know! I work there every 3rd day. The downtown is receiving lots of attention and money in an effort to rebuild it, but imo it's too far gone. The west and south sides are more dangerous than they should be. Most all of the manufacturing downtown is shuttered. The city is expanding east and north, now, trying to capitalize on the I90 corridor with the recent announcement of a Hard Rock casino coming in at State St where the old Clock Tower resort used to stand (demolishd last year).

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-18-2020 02:51 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM, My dad started me at 4 years old as if he took me to the course he could play. [Smile] My dad was a real good athlete in most every sport so my life has been centered around sports. In college I played football-basketball and golf, the reason i could do it was that I went to two smaller colleges . I went to Arizona State College now known as Northern Arizona University for my freshmen year and then transferred to Rockford College in Rockford Illinois where i played Basketball and golf.

[ 03-14-2020, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-18-2020 05:16 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can tell you how I spent today. I filled out and filed my federal taxes online. Now I just have to wait and see if they accept it.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-19-2020 10:40 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Catfan, I was brought up near East High School and lived at 1004 20th street. It really hurts to hear how Rockford has digressed as it was a great city back in the 40's 50's and 60's.

I played golf at Sandy Hollow a lot and when i got older i was fortunate enough to become a member of Forest Hills CC.

--------------------

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 02-19-2020 10:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, good luck on your taxes but know all will turn out well.

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 02-22-2020 11:18 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catmandoo:
Catfan, I was brought up near East High School and lived at 1004 20th street. It really hurts to hear how Rockford has digressed as it was a great city back in the 40's 50's and 60's.

I played golf at Sandy Hollow a lot and when i got older i was fortunate enough to become a member of Forest Hills CC.

If I make it over to that neck of the woods, I'll be sure to snap a pic. I'll hold the camera out my window and drive fast. [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com