TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » My daughter is in panic mode.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My daughter is in panic mode.
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 01-08-2020 01:44 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My 18-year-old grandson has recently enlisted in the US Army and his mother is about to have the "big one".

He will graduate high school in May and then go to basic training in at Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. for 5 weeks. After that he will go to San Angelo, TX. for AIT in fire fighting school for 5 more weeks. After that, who knows?

Mama is worried sick about this Iran situation and her "baby's" safety. I've told her not to worry. BY the time he goes on active duty either the whole thing will have blown over or we will have wiped the Iranian military off the face of the earth.

This didn't relieve her concerns at all.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-08-2020 03:11 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Be sure to add some gasoline to the fire by saying that we at TCD thank her son for his service.

And I do mean that. Thank him for me.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13623 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 01-08-2020 03:33 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Tip. I'm sure she's heard this many times.

I, for one, am very proud of the choice he has made for his life's calling. He's a great kid who really enjoys helping people. After he leaves the service he wants to be a paramedic.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-08-2020 03:51 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jarcat, my wife is acting the same way about our grandson, who graduated marine corps bootcamp in October.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-08-2020 04:28 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I add my thanks to both of your grandchildren.
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-08-2020 05:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jarcat, I certainly understand her concerns but hopefully all things will work and your grandson will be ok. There isn't much anyone can do about it as he is old enough to make his own life decisions. God bless him!

[ 01-10-2020, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-09-2020 01:19 PM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know how them moms feel my son was sent to Baghdad my wife cried ever day---but he was one of the lucky ones never got a scratch I TO WANT TO THANK YOUR GRANDSON them young men are all that stand between us and and total evil

[ 01-09-2020, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: country cat ]

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-09-2020 01:49 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AMEN, country cat!!!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 01-13-2020 09:16 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know that military folks who go through fire fighting training while enlisted come back and are generally able to find a job quite easily on a municipal FD, should they choose to do so. Once he does his time with Uncle Sam, he'll be very marketable to nearly any city he desires. Come home, do his 25 years, retire with full pension and benefits. Not a bad career path.

And yes, of course, my thanks to him and his family for his choice and service. God bless them all!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com