TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Strike One!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Strike One!
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-07-2020 10:31 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or, maybe, stroke one. I had a TIA ("mini stroke") over the holidays. Spent a day in the ER and hospital as they extracted as much cash as possible from me before sending me home. Good thing it only affects the brain -- nothing vital there. [Big Grin]

I get the joy of a nuclear stress test next Monday. I guess they want to see if I am the Scarecrow or the Tin Man. Hmmmm.... maybe I lack both a brain and a heart!

The good news is that I have no lingering effects. No memory loss, no paralysis, no speech problems. But I do feel "heavy", and have a general malaise that won't go away. That might be more tied to the upcoming bill than the stroke, though.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-07-2020 11:03 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, so sorry to hear about your mini stroke you are in my prayers for a quick recovery...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-07-2020 11:30 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damn,Tip! You're not supposed to be having more problems than OLD Norm. You are still a whipper-snapper!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-07-2020 01:05 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dang Tip! I’ll keep you in thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-07-2020 02:10 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip,praying for you.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9796 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-07-2020 04:10 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Prayers from the TCD family may be the best part of being here. Thanks to all!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 01-08-2020 08:24 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, Tip! That's serious stuff even if it is "mini". Take care of yourself dude...could've easily been "major" instead.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-10-2020 03:34 PM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
good luck TIP---with mine I did have memory loss--we in icu 5 days--I think eating crow caused mine

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-10-2020 03:43 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
--I think eating crow caused mine
😁

I may be in big trouble!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-10-2020 06:08 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And I thought crow was a carcinogen... didn't know it also caused strokes.

Best to avoid that stuff. [Eek!]

--------------------
Tiptree

country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-11-2020 07:10 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by country cat:
good luck TIP---with mine I did have memory loss--was in icu 5 days--I think eating crow caused mine

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 01-11-2020 09:48 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, I hope this was the first and only! I pray that all the tests turn out to be very promising.
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-11-2020 06:07 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dang Tip. Scary stuff. Glad you came out with no lingering effects.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 01-13-2020 09:19 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TIA - while terrifying to experience, I'm sure, are a good warning factor! They don't really have any lingering effects other than for the sufferer to be aware that something wasn't quite right. It's a great event to happen to make you and your docs get on the same page with health care! Get that B/P down, cut down on any fluid retention, etc. Glad you're alright buddy. Get those meds adjusted!

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GA Cat
Administrator
Member # 642

posted 01-13-2020 01:27 PM      Profile for GA Cat   Email GA Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. Praying that all goes well from here on.

--------------------
Born Blue, Always Blue
Kentucky Blue, that is...

Posts: 2259 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-13-2020 03:26 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All is good, and thank you all for your concern. I just got back from my nuclear stress test, but won't know the results for a few weeks.

MY BP is great (118/68 this morning), I don't retain fluids (but I do have about 20 pounds of lard around my belly that must come off), and my blood lipids are good. Curiously, my insulin levels are high, but my A1C is fine (so, no diabetes -- yet).

My only chronic issues are sleep apnea, managing the effects of a partially-removed thyroid, and GERD. This TIA thing came out of the blue. If my stress test comes out OK, I will just use this as extra motivation to drop some weight. If I drop 20 pounds, I should have no excuse not to dunk the ball. [Big Grin] If I lose 30 pounds, I still have 4 years of eligibility left. Handy, does Cal need me?

--------------------
Tiptree

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-13-2020 03:30 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You sound like Wildcat material to me. [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 01-14-2020 06:59 AM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I pray for continued healing.

As far as basketball eligibility goes, are you a shooter or a maker? This is an important detail.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10239 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-14-2020 08:27 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
BigCatDaddy,

Meh, let's just say I shouldn't be 'featured' in Cal's offense. I am more of a "point forward" in my pickup games. I prefer playing defense, rebounding and passing to scoring.

But, at 6'3", I would have to move over to point guard for Cal. Hagans would just have to share court time with me, I guess. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-14-2020 10:34 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry Tip, the roster is complete. We could use you to mop up the floor. You could get a lot of TV time doing that.
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-16-2020 03:03 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
23,000 fans looking at your moves with a broom doesn't sound all that bad. [Wink]

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-16-2020 05:00 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but all that excitement would give me another stroke. [Eek!]

But I DO have some great 'broom moves', perfected over the years as I underwent my domestication training.

Hmmmmm....

--------------------
Tiptree

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-21-2020 06:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's what I raised 3 girls for, domestic training!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123990 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com