TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » rupp arena

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: rupp arena
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-06-2020 06:59 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was able to get tickets to the Vanderbilt game--and Mississippi state game--its been a while since I been to rupp--but love going---a season ticket holder had to work them day--his loss--my gain

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-06-2020 07:12 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That’s great! I’ve seen the Cats numerous times through the years but only twice at Rupp.
Posts: 5403 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 01-06-2020 08:54 AM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't been at Rupp since Saul Smith's final home game. lol

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10236 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 01-06-2020 10:29 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. Hawaii, Alaska, and Rupp! [Eek!] I see you are REALLY enjoying retirement!

I haven't been inside Rupp Arena since my days when I was a student. I have seen the cats play a few times outside of Rupp over the past few years, but it was 1988 when I saw my last game there.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 01-06-2020 03:35 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been to the national championship game in New Orleans, an elite eight game in Memphis, seen them in Auburn and Tuscaloosa many times, but never in Rupp. It's on my bucket list.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9787 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-06-2020 04:23 PM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes I am

--------------------
american by birth-----wildcat by choice --- if you not the lead cat---your view never changes

Posts: 1023 | From: breathitt co-----lost in eldorado | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-07-2020 11:07 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
country cat, good for you and know you will have a great time pulling for our Cats in person...

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-07-2020 11:36 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been to Rupp maybe a half dozen times. We also went to Hawaii for two weeks back in '06, but have not been to Alaska. I DID live in North Dakota for four years though, which is all the frigid weather I ever care to experience.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 01-07-2020 12:45 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wife and I were born and lived on the very northern border of Illinois in Rockford and that was no picnic. Long winters with cold weather and a lot of snow. Moving to St. Augustine Florida was the best decision we ever made.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 01-07-2020 08:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I live 15 minutes away from the house that I grew up in. This Ohio River has been the border of my home all of my life!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123987 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-08-2020 05:54 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NORM---I love north Dakota--in the summer time--the worst weather I ever had was living in Chicago----have you ever been to Jamestown and seen the buffalo statue

--------------------

country cat
Player
Member # 1774

posted 01-08-2020 06:06 AM      Profile for country cat   Email country cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
M HAMILTON----looks like we about a hundred miles apart

--------------------

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-08-2020 09:20 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, we didn't get to Jamestown while there. I just looked at Grand Forks weather, and right now, the temp is -21! Brrrr. The record high was 109, and in the summer, the mosquitoes would rival Alaska! Everybody smelled like Off insect repellant! Nope, nope, nope. You can have my part!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 01-08-2020 09:41 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, one of the other states we have not gone to is N Dakota but have been to the surrounding states. Can you think of somewhere there that would be worth visiting?
Posts: 5403 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 01-08-2020 11:22 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eastern ND is as flat as a tabletop. Black dirt. Mile square fields of potatoes, sunflower, and other fast maturing crops. Growing season lasts for approximately 13 days! [Smile] The people that were born and raised there seem to love it. I guess that's why they stay.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com