TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Long Timer

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Long Timer
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-29-2019 09:50 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just realized that I have been a member of TCD for 20 years this month. It shows below that I joined in August 2001, but there was a glitch in the software that dumped several of us. It wouldn't allow me to rejoin, because it had retained info somewhere, and said my email address was already in the system. Ray Rubards, one of the originators, signed me back up, using one of his email addresses. He had to change my user name as well, And it's still the one I use today. Ray died several years ago. He was a retired Kentucky Utilities lineman.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-29-2019 10:14 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Curious as to what your original name was on here? Mine was Bluebone before it was lost. I have been on here a long time also but I know you have me beat by several years. There are LOTS of posters when I first came on here that you no longer see. I often wonder what happened to them.
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-29-2019 01:56 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
20 years ago, not being internet savvy, I used my real name, which included Norm(an).

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 09-29-2019 10:35 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW!!! Has it really been 20 years Norm??? What was your original member number, do you recall?

I remember my first computer, went looking for Wildcat basketball right off the bat. Not really, took me a few days to learn how to even work the darn thing enough to do that, but that was my first major mission. Think I found an old LHL discussion site, or maybe the CatsPause, but I found this place and more or less been my home page ever since.

Posts: 7201 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-30-2019 06:12 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow is my 29th anniversary with Kentucky Utilities

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-30-2019 06:17 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess Rick and I started about the same time. Looks like we have 20 years here too!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-30-2019 06:45 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think my member number was 147.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-08-2019 12:36 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. I never realized it but my 20-year anniversary will be in March. I can't believe I've been communicating with you goons for almost 20 years! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-08-2019 06:13 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I resemble that remark, Paul!

--------------------

Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 10-08-2019 07:43 AM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just realized that I too am a 20 year veteran of TCD, member # 95. I don’t post much, I’ve always been a man of few words.. But I read this site daily.

It’s a big part of daily life routine. And the good Lord willing it will be for many more years to come.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-08-2019 08:09 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
JAR, we have actually met. Had a TCD get together at a restaurant in Lexington several years ago. I believe at least one of your daughters was there as well. I do know there were 30 or forty of us, including several spouses. I even remember your real name!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 10-08-2019 01:01 PM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember the early days as well.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10239 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-08-2019 04:59 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a relative newbie, having only recently celebrated my 19th year at TCD. Here's to many more.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 10-09-2019 05:49 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember that get together well ,Norm. It was at Applebee's on Nicholasville Rd. It is no longer there, as are a lot of other Applebee's as well. I don't remember most of the attendees but I remember you, Norm. You used to roll your own smokes as I recall.

Yes, my oldest daughter was there. I believe her handle was "Jenrus". I think the late "CATTRACKER" was there as well as some of the lady members: "MISS KITTY" and "CHEEKBMC" (if memory serves me well).

Gosh a lot of water has gone over the dam since then.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-09-2019 06:38 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Correct on all counts. I had artery surgery in 2003 and the surgeon informed me that unless I quit smoking, it would be repeated about once a year. I did quit, cold turkey. I watched Kentucky beat the undefeated, #1 Gators, went out and sat on my steps, and chain smoked every cigarette I had rolled (10 or 12), and have not had a puff since!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-09-2019 07:35 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, Norm. That is quite an achievement! Congrats on your self-discipline.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-09-2019 08:55 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I quit smoking cold Turkey, 3 years ago. Best thing I've ever done for my health. I can't believe how bad cigarette smoke smells, now that I'm a non smoker.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9797 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 10-09-2019 08:56 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
P.s. I have 9 years on TCD

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9797 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com