TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Spoke to an older gentleman

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spoke to an older gentleman
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 08-18-2019 08:32 AM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
in a parking lot He was getting out of his car as I was getting out of mine I said: Hey, how ya doin? He said: Doing well, I cant complain, as he hobbled put of his car on his cane, hunched over. Here was a guy who could barely walk and couldnt complain. if he cant complain, I sure couldnt
Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 08-18-2019 09:23 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Boom, reminds me of my best friend. Hs has had two strokes, two heart attacks, lung cancer, carotid artery surgery, stents in both legs, MS for 40 years and other medical problems too numerous to mention. He lost his daughter 5 years ago, had to file bankruptcy on his business several years back and at 78 years old has serious financial problems. If anyone has a right to be bitter, it’s him.

Always a smile on his face and if you ask how he is doing, it’s always “good”.

He’s catholic, goes to Mass every day and volunteers at the hospital at least once a week. I believe his great attitude is do to his faith.

[ 08-18-2019, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5393 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 08-18-2019 10:01 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a lucky old man. I have already passed 84. As a 5 year old, I had some serious (mastoid) surgery on my right ear. Since then, I have had iliac artery surgery and hernia surgery. That's it. No heart problems, no lung problems. No cancer. Don't use any support when walking, can still see (at a distance) really well, but am a little hard of hearing. Some times the hearing problem is a blessing! However, all the waitresses love me, "Because I am no longer dangerous!"

By the way, when I had that mastoid surgery in 1940, I was hospitalized 6 days. The total hospital bill was $78, and the surgeon's bill was $91. An office call is more than that now!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36269 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com