TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » poison ivy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: poison ivy
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-26-2019 02:57 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've had it for about two weeks now and it SUCKS! Just when I think it's all gone a new spot pops up. It's unreal. The only really troubling spot is right on my waistline. But Calamine lotion lets me sleep through the night.
Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
boomdaddy
Player
Member # 2644

posted 07-26-2019 03:15 PM      Profile for boomdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Generic benadryl and generic hydrocortisone is what a lot of people use....by it over the counter...

There is a product called tecnu outdoor skin cleanser....some people swear by it.....that it washes off the oils....this is to use before you catch it....

Posts: 8791 | From: paris, ky | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-26-2019 05:12 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul hate to hear that but hopefully it will be gone real soon.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-26-2019 08:48 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, CMD. Hopefully it'll be gone soon.

I just can't take Benadryl - that stuff knocks me the heck out! I did get a cortisone shot by the chiropractor. That seemed to help.

There's something at CVS that's supposed to knock poison ivy down and out on day 1. But it was $46 for a small bottle. That's no typo - it was $46. I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-28-2019 12:55 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you had known it was going to last two weeks, that $46 would have seemed a bargain!

I hate poison ivy. Sorry you are suffering from it, but surely you are near the end of the torment.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-28-2019 10:13 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope Tip is right as i know you have been going thru hell as I have had it too and know it's miserable and only time will heal.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-28-2019 06:50 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today was a good day - no itching! Hopefully it's all over now. I went thru almost an entire bottle of Calamine lotion. [Smile]

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com