TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Nicknames

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nicknames
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-09-2019 09:34 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the Madisonville obituaries this morning, A 69 year old man was listed, whose nickname was "Garbage". I'd kinda like to know the back story on that one.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36270 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-09-2019 10:53 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My Nick name is Runt, because I was the smallest of my brothers, growing up.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9785 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-10-2019 07:23 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I worked with a guy in the mines nicknamed "Disease"....no back story here, his appearance and personal hygiene said it all. However, he was, hands down, the best electrician/mechanic I've seen anywhere...whut'n nut'n he couldn't fix!

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-10-2019 08:42 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But will they use it in his obit?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-10-2019 09:00 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
But will they use it in his obit?
I lost contact with him years ago....that's about all I know about him, or am I not understanding your question?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-10-2019 09:39 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I was younger I went by Big Dick. These days I go by Rotund Richard. My wife outed me.

[ 07-10-2019, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-10-2019 10:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My official name is James Robert on my birth certificate, but from the moment I gulped my first breath, I was called "Sonny" by my parents. Teachers on the first day of school would call for "James", and I would ignore them until one of my buddies would inform them of my name. The only people who call me James are those who don't know me.

That comes in very handy when I pick up the phone and someone says "Is James there?". I answer "Nope" and slam the phone down. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13622 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-11-2019 02:44 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc,
quote:
When I was younger I went by Big Dick. These days I go by Rotund Richard. My wife outed me.
Yeah, I can remember people calling you Big Dick Rich back in the 70's...wasn't your stage name John Combs or something like that?

--------------------

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-11-2019 03:22 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mm, naw, different Dick.
Posts: 5402 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-11-2019 05:02 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clever! [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 07-11-2019 06:18 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My nickname was Flex. LOL.

--------------------
ProBlue

Posts: 754 | From: Bristol,Tn. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged
ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 07-11-2019 07:54 PM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm's nickname was the "THE DUKE " LOL

--------------------
ProBlue

rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-11-2019 09:35 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wife use to call me Richard Cranial, lol!

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9785 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-13-2019 09:19 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Our children and i gave my wife the nickname of Turtle many years ago, reason being she is so so quick. The name has stuck and she goes by it to this day.

[ 07-19-2019, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: catmandoo ]

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-13-2019 09:31 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ProBlue:
Norm's nickname was the "THE DUKE " LOL

I'll take that as a comparison to John (The Duke) Wayne! Also, if we had a middle finger emoticon, I'd place it here for you!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ProBlue
Player
Member # 2944

posted 07-14-2019 08:55 AM      Profile for ProBlue   Email ProBlue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW Norm I thought I hated Duke really bad but you are the King of Duke haters ! LOL !!!

--------------------
ProBlue

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-14-2019 09:13 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, most of the disgust should be aimed at the official that stood there and watched Laetner stomp Timberlake's chest, and not throw him out of the game. It was the injustice to end all injustices! Laetner made "Trippy" Grayson Allen look like an amateur.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 07-14-2019 09:14 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I was a kid, I had all sorts of nicknames. Since I was never a slender fella, kids would call me Bubba, or Heavy, or similar. A few years ago I worked in medical communications in the hospital, fielding phone calls and dispatching ambulances, etc. The ladies named me 'Big Smooth' because of my voice...had one tell me she wanted to have me read her a bedtime story over the phone so she'd fall asleep to my voice! Ahhh, good times.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 07-15-2019 02:31 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CFIY:
quote:
.had one tell me she wanted to have me read her a bedtime story over the phone so she'd fall asleep to my voice! Ahhh, good times.

AND?

--------------------

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 07-15-2019 09:50 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I SAID it was good times, didn't I? [Wink]

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com