TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » All About Me

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All About Me
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-29-2019 10:40 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At 84, I have about run out of patience, energy and teeth. That last one can, and is, being taken care of. One of our granddaughters' husbands is a dentist in Bardstown. He is basically redoing my mouth. Saturday, he removed my remaining three lower teeth and done some smoothing of the bone they came out of. He implanted a couple of titanium posts in said jawbone and sewed the gum back up. Just about my whole chin is now one dark purple bruise. Old people often bruise easily, and I am in that category. In two weeks, he will take an impression of the top ones and remove all the teeth from there and have a denture made for it. Fasteners will be placed on top of the implants for a lower denture to snap onto. All in all, it's about a four month process. I still won't be pretty, but I'll be able to eat steak again, which I intend to do daily for about a month!

[ 04-29-2019, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-29-2019 10:54 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. What an ordeal! But it is good to have the option to fix that which is broken, and have it done by someone you trust!

Prayers that it goes better than you anticipate. Enjoy your steak when all is done!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-29-2019 12:00 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hopefully the time just blows by. I think it'll be great when you get this all done. Implants are awesome, in my opinion. Best of luck, Norm!
Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-29-2019 06:42 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, I'am sure all will go well and your smile will be the talk of the town.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186355 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-29-2019 10:51 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have implants old norm, I hope you heal quickly. I hurt for nine months after getting mine.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-30-2019 06:16 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am controlling the pain with ibuprofen. I have some prescription pills, but have not needed them thus far. Posting this reminded me; I haven't taken my mid-day antibiotic yet. I mowed for an hour and a half this afternoon and about an hour yesterday. Got most of it done though. I mow about three acres here.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com