TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » RIP Cattracker

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Cattracker
BlueCollarMan
Player
Member # 2114

posted 04-19-2019 10:47 AM      Profile for BlueCollarMan   Email BlueCollarMan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I have not been on here in a LONG, LONG time.

Sadly, I have seen on Facebook that long-time member, Cattracker, has passed away at the age of 63.

Fred

Posts: 6815 | From: The Best College Sports Town in America . . .ha, ha. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-19-2019 11:21 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I guess John was the first person on this website that I knew personally, for the longest. I joined in September 1999, and he was here before me. When his first wife died (MS), Millie and I went up to Owensboro and sat with him until his mother arrived to be with him. He was all alone when we got there, except for his young son, Jonathan. We, and Rongo and his wife, were also at his wedding when he remarried. He developed bad depression when his second wife divorced him, and he pretty much withdrew into himself. He is at peace now.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-19-2019 11:57 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am so, so sorry to hear this. John and I never met in person but we did know each other through the Domain and e-mailed each other a few times. My brother Redbone and John were good friends. I believe it was Cattracker who introduced Redbone to this site. John was in the hospital when Rod passed away and he reached out to me several times with condoences. John was an extremely intelligent man who loved the Cats. He will be missed. Rest in peace Cattracker.

[ 04-19-2019, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-19-2019 12:26 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rest in peace John .. one of my 1st tcd friends. A great guy...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-19-2019 02:18 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is such sad news. 63 is way too young to pass away. He was a really cool guy, and I know from this site that he loved Pink Floyd. RIP, Cattracker.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 04-19-2019 02:44 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RIP John. I will always remember our email exchanges about deer hunting and our time here on TCD.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 04-19-2019 02:58 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
R.I.P.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-20-2019 06:07 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is heart breaking. Along with some of you others, John reached out to me. I had wondered many times over the last few years what ever became of him.
Depression is a ugly dark place. I have had many family members of my own who suffered from this same thing.
Well, He suffers no more!

RIP CATTRACKER!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123955 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
jerseycat
Player
Member # 9

posted 04-20-2019 07:11 AM      Profile for jerseycat   Email jerseycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember him from the early days of this message board. I enjoyed his posts and his humor. I was surprised one time when after he saw a photo of me that he said I looked like Richard Wright of Pink Floyd.....not many folks know what PF band members look like let alone know their names.

Prayers to his family.

--------------------
UK Class of 1968

Posts: 1789 | From: Red Bank, NJ | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-20-2019 08:33 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I talked to John's ex yesterday. Was happy to learn that she had checked on him daily, since their divorce. When he wouldn't answer the phone Thursday, she sent her current husband to check on him. He is the one that Found John deceased. That didn't surprise me much, as I knew they still loved one another. John told me, soon after the split, that it was entirely his fault. The fact is, the depression was real culprit. He will be cremated today.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-20-2019 09:25 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I met with coffee buddies this morning. Told them I had lost an Internet friend. I've said this before, I find it strange that we can consider someone a friend that we never met before. At least I can.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-20-2019 10:58 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are so right handy!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-21-2019 06:48 PM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This saddens me greatly. John was the first TCD member I ever met. Had dinner with his then wife and my family and even met up a time or 2 with just he and I. Was a great fellow, and I have missed him on TCD for years. While the death of a friend makes us sad, I wonder if we're not being selfish in a way...John has finally found the peace that was missing for him, we should all be happy! RIP, CATTRACKER, you were another good one gone too soon.

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 04-21-2019 06:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is always the case when we mourn for friends and loved ones. We selfishly wish they were still here with us. The truth is, they no longer suffer from the pains of this earth!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123955 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-22-2019 11:06 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He was such a nice TCD friend of a lot of us. I wish we could have met in person.

I have been so lucky as I have met TCD members such as rit4uk and enterprise cat both fm my wife's home town and we also have met catmando several times and will get to meet swcw and boomdaddy (my home town of paris) in the next couple of weeks.

Tcd friends are special...

[ 04-22-2019, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 04-23-2019 07:01 PM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
John will be missed but is in a better place. God Bless!

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186356 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bigcatdaddy
Player
Member # 21

posted 04-27-2019 09:27 AM      Profile for Bigcatdaddy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’m saddened to hear this. We interacted informally for a long time.

--------------------
It's me, the cat.

Posts: 10221 | From: Macy, Ind. | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com