TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Headlights

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headlights
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-11-2019 11:39 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know there are products available to remove the "fog" from headlights, but i've tried one or two and they didn't really work. Has anyone used anything that really did get the headlights totally clean?
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-11-2019 12:37 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also tried a couple, with bad results. One day, I was in Walmart getting an oil change, and they offered a service to clear up fogged headlamps. I paid for it, and it worked perfectly.

BTW, I am not generally recommending Walmart for auto work, but this time it worked out pretty good.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 04-11-2019 01:06 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Tip. Now i just have to find out what they use at Walmart. [Big Grin]
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
CatFanInYankeeville
Player
Member # 2025

posted 04-24-2019 08:30 AM      Profile for CatFanInYankeeville     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I did mine a few years ago, used a combo of rough grit sandpaper down to smooth. I was pleased with the results but they just didn't remain clear. Couldn't get my headlights to stay nice and clean so I just got a new truck. [Eek!]

--------------------
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian!” Henry Ford

Posts: 5563 | From: Eddyville at heart, Chicago in life | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 04-24-2019 09:08 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CatFanInYankeeville:
Couldn't get my headlights to stay nice and clean so I just got a new truck. [Eek!]

Now that is funny! [Cool]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com