TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Tore my Quad Tendon from Kneecap

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tore my Quad Tendon from Kneecap
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-20-2019 09:42 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I think I am officially done playing basketball now. 11 months ago I tore my Achilles’ tendon on my left leg. I just got back to playing competitively about one month ago. Well, the Achilles was feeling great on Feb 9th. I made my first 4 threes and decided to pump fake and drive on the 5th attempt. Not a good decision. As I did that I planted to go up and made knee to knee contact and next thing I heard was a loud “Snap”. I knew right away I tore something in the knee and realized it was the quad tendon when I saw where the kneecap was hanging on my left leg. YIKES!

I had surgery on Feb 12th and finally got off of pain meds on Saturday. It looks like I have a zipper on my leg from about 4 inches above my knee to 2 inches below the knee. 24 staples in total.

Anyone else ever had this injury before?

[ 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Trey Ball ]

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11532 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-20-2019 09:58 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, but I did know about this from social media. I didn't mention it here for obvious reasons. Did pray for your recovery tho.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-20-2019 10:37 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about that Trey. I've never heard of that injury either.

I had my 2nd knee replacement in Oct and it didn't go near as well as the first one which was 11 years prior. In spite of following PT as directed, I ended up with a stiff knee. I too fear my competitive playing days are over.

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-20-2019 11:02 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handycat/Norm,

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Google torn quad tendon injury pictures under google images. There are some pretty gruesome surgical and post surgical images and my knee looks exactly like some of those images. Crazy images.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-20-2019 11:50 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ouch. Sorry to hear that, Trey. I wish you well on your recovery, but I will pass on the gruesome photos. I have seen enough basketball injuries to know how bad it can get.

I haven't been able to play ball because of work for about 6 months, and now I am really afraid to get back out there. My stabilizing muscles (and others) have surely atrophied and I don't want to hear that "pop". Next month I will be eligible to start drawing money for retirement, so I guess my basketball days are over too.

It is hard to give up a game that you love. I hope your scars heal and your leg returns to normal.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 02-20-2019 12:12 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I could no longer do my signature leap from the free throw line 360 degrees reverse slam dunk I knew it was time to hang them up.
Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 02-20-2019 03:18 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hate to hear of your injury Trey Ball. I just lifted you up in prayer, hope you have a speedy recovery.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-20-2019 04:09 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handycat:
When I could no longer do my signature leap from the free throw line 360 degrees reverse slam dunk I knew it was time to hang them up.

I heard a guy had retired because he just didn’t think the 180 from the restricted arc was just not satisfying enough. Now I know who it was.
[Smile]

--------------------

redbone

Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 02-20-2019 04:10 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rlt4uk:
Hate to hear of your injury Trey Ball. I just lifted you up in prayer, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thank you.

--------------------

redbone

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-20-2019 05:18 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trey, look at the bright spot - now you get to focus on your golf game. [Smile]
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-20-2019 06:10 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still fishing. I don't walk from the cabin to the trout dock anymore. I could if I had to, but I don't! Going in early April.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com