TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » General Chat   » Hey, Handycat.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey, Handycat.
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-23-2018 06:57 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just noticed you're in Decatur, Ill. Any chance you work for ADM?
Posts: 10345 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-23-2018 07:35 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Paul, I retired from AT&T some years back. I was in charge of the entire department that spread BS. I do know several people who work for ADM and I know they have numerous locations around the country. Do you work for them?

Decatur would dry up without ADM and Tate & Lyle. After all,
our claim to fame is we are the "soy bean capital of thr world." Believe me the town smells like a soy bean and corn processing town.

Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-25-2018 08:44 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I work(ed) for WILD Flavors in Erlanger and we were purchased by ADM a few years ago. There are many Decatur people who relocated to Erlanger and they say there is absolutely nothing in Decatur. I think they were happy to get out of that town. [Smile]

I do like working ADM. I think it's a very good company, although being public has it's hassles. WILD Flavors was a private company with big bonuses and awesome perks. With ADM, those days are gone.

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-25-2018 09:08 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The relocated Decatur people are right, not much going on in this town and more it has than it's share of problems. After leaving Ky 38 years ago, for better or worse,it's home.
Posts: 5405 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-25-2018 06:44 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I consider myself a small-town guy. I think i'd like living in Decatur. My wife wants to go to New York for vacation. I said 'no way'.
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-25-2018 06:48 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, bring her to the Big Apple, PaulCat. Just make sure your visit coincides with a week I am in town (which is just about every other week). I'll be your Kentucky-boy-in-Gotham guide. [Smile]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13624 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com