my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Wildcat Sports Talk   » SCWC   » SCWC

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SCWC
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 07-07-2022 09:28 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been away for a while, so someone may have posted but SCWC, Ray Prater, passed away on May 1st. I just wanted to pay my respects. Ray was a great guy.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/little-river-sc/raymond-prater-10733307

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11534 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-07-2022 09:58 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate to hear this. Prayers for his family.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 07-07-2022 10:02 PM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing is obituary, Trey.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9776 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
CatfanRick
Administrator
Member # 126

posted 07-07-2022 10:59 PM      Profile for CatfanRick   Email CatfanRick   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sad news. there was no better Wildcat fan than Ray, he will be missed.
Posts: 7184 | From: Florence, Ky | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 07-08-2022 05:06 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear this. Thanks for posting Trey.
Posts: 5379 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-08-2022 07:45 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ray was one of my favorite posters here. I met him at John Hayes (Cattracker) birthday party, many years ago. Great guy.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 07-08-2022 07:46 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And no, I didn't know about his death until Trey posted this.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 07-08-2022 11:02 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm at a loss for words. So sad. I will definitely miss him around here.
Posts: 10324 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 07-09-2022 10:51 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very sad to hear of his passing. He was a font of knowledge and a true Wildcat fan.

Rest in peace, Ray.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13596 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 07-10-2022 08:13 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TY Trey for posting about Ray - My wife and I met him at Myrlie Beach a cpl of years ago and as many here have said - he was truly a nice guy and no bigger wildcat fan was their anywhere. I will miss talking with him off-line sometimes. May he rest in peace!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
BCD
Player
Member # 2053

posted 07-11-2022 05:53 AM      Profile for BCD   Email BCD   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing. I was unaware.
I've been a member of this board for a long time, and while not as close as many of you to each other, I've grown fond of seeing names and people on here that I get to share a glimpse of their lives and our shared love of UK basketball.

--------------------
It's me, the cat

Posts: 415 | From: Conjunction junction | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 07-13-2022 09:33 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks from me also. I had not heard about his passing. We met at Myrtle Beach about 7-8 yeras ago on one of my Military reunions. He cam to the Landmark Resort where I was staying and we sat and talked about a half an hour. Fine gentleman and a great UK fan. He will be missed here.
Posts: 14130 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 07-14-2022 05:55 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always looked forward to his insights on KY ball.

He will be greatly missed. Prayers to his family!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123968 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
catmandoo
Player
Member # 1284

posted 07-18-2022 11:38 AM      Profile for catmandoo   Email catmandoo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sad to hear for sure, he will be missed by all.

--------------------
http://www.ukfightsong.com/

Posts: 186359 | From: st. augustine florida 32092 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com