TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Texas school massacre.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Texas school massacre.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-25-2022 09:19 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I sure hope all our politicians will send their thoughts and prayers to that small Texas community. Maybe even lower the flags to half mast. That should take care of the problem.😒😒

I’m not smart enough to solve this problem but I would sure like for our “leaders” to try something.

Mass shootings in general are horrific. Killing 19 children is an abomination. May he rot in hell for eternity.

Posts: 5377 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-25-2022 12:43 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This link and map shows the number of school shootings by country. If you click on a country it will show you the number of school shootings. The good old USA leads the pack with 288. South Africa comes in second at 6. Canada has 2.

I thought this was sadly interesting.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/school-shootings-by-country

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-26-2022 12:07 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish these shooters could be captured alive and then publicly tortured for years.
Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 05-26-2022 03:54 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The usual strident calls for gun control are filling the air.

But, we don't ban automobiles when a drunk driver kills people. We deal with the person who did it, and pre-emptively if possible.

The mentally ill who carry out these massacres are the problem, not the guns they use. Couple the lack of treatment and pro-active action for known violent people with "gun free zones" at schools, and the you have the perfect recipe for continuing headlines and tragedies.

Our mental health system is terrible in this country. Because it is still a "taboo" subject to talk about, our politicians are not motiviated to fix it. Intervention for mental health issues is vital; the earlier the better. Intervention for people KNOWN to be violent needs to be dramatic and quick.

That is the way to deal with these tragedies. If you want my guns, all I can say is "come and try to take them".

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13590 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 05-26-2022 04:15 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they didn't call car control when that guy in Wisconsin drove through a parade!

They also didn't call that racial motivated, but it was a black man driving through a parade of white people!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123855 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 05-27-2022 07:29 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nothing is being done in this country to deter mass shootings outside the normal arm of the law. We take pride in being a civilized country, but there comes a time when civility needs to be thrown out the window. Thing is, that's not going to happen in our country. We have become way too soft.

Like Handy said, I don't know what the answer is, but drastic measures need to be taken. Innocent loss of life because of one idiot should not be taken lightly in this country.

Posts: 10319 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 05-27-2022 08:15 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I’m a multiple gun owner. I also have no intention of giving them to the government or anyone else. However, I believe more stringent gun control laws can be passed without trampling on the rights of legitimate gun owners. I think this could be accomplished in a manner that may help keep guns from getting into hands of the mentally ill and simply evil people. Notice I said “may”. I’m not naive enough to think this will solve the entire problem but it might help.

This may inconvenience us as gun owners. However, I would rather be inconvenienced than have our country sat around, doing nothing, while waiting for the next slaughter of our children.

If mental health is the cause of this problem, then we need to, at the very least, stop slashing the budgets dealing with mental health. This is happening at both state and federal levels.

I expect none of this to happen. Our leaders are incapable of sitting down and agreeing to anything.

By the way, I hope the voters of Texas will be able to see through the political stunt of Beta O’Rourk. What an ass.

[ 05-27-2022, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 05-27-2022 12:13 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you handy !!!
I really detest the idea of many of the libs saying that guns and ammo should be taxed out the a** and to he** with gun owners crying about it !!! If they don't want one fine, but don't take mine because you don't want one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEL

PS ... beto is an a** clown !!!

[ 05-27-2022, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2789 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-27-2022 02:18 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Beto ever gets elected to ANYTHING, Texas has a disproportionate number of total dumb asses.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 05-27-2022 02:59 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've had a single shot .22 rifle since I was 12. I
don't have the original one. It was stolen when I was in high school. We lived near the intersection of the Ohio and Wabash rivers, where Dad and his brother were logging out a big woods for Maley and Wurtz Veneer Mill in Evansville, IN. The rivers flooded and we had to move out until the water went down. While we were gone, the house was broken into and robbed. They took all the guns and kitchen knives! I bought a new .22. I still have it, and a 12 gage pump shotgun. My oldest son thought I needed a hand gun and brought one of his to me. It is a .38 six shot revolver, which I keep in a safe by my bed. I have actually never fired it! I know I can hit my target though because when I was on a missile launch crew, I had to qualify with a .45 automatic every year. I know it's easier to shoot a target than it would be to shoot a human, but so far, nobody has tested me!

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com