TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » here it comes - pack the court

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: here it comes - pack the court
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-20-2021 07:58 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
https://thepatriotjournal.com/supreme-court-democrat-5-red-ag-nine/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=pjnewsletter

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 04-20-2021 09:40 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure where they get that the packed court would only be 7 libs to 6 conservatives. Right now we have only 4 conservatives, plus Roberts who was a HUGE mistake. He votes liberal most of the time.

So, if they expand to 13, the count would be 9 to 4, or sometimes 8 to 5. In either case, the nation would swing sooooo far left that it would never recover.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 04-21-2021 01:01 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just my opinion, I don’t think this has a snowball’s chance in hell of ever happening.

No Republican politician would vote for it nor would any of their constituents want them to.

Too many moderate Democrats realize this would be the start
of a slippery slope that could never be reversed and a lot of their supporters feel the same.

The votes just won’t be there. I believe common sense will prevail.

On the other hand, maybe I’m overly optimistic about common sense coming into play.

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 04-21-2021 04:17 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"overly optimistic about common sense coming into play."

Handy- With national politicians, I laugh at "common sense" coming into play! and/or "what's best for the country" coming in play!

[ 04-21-2021, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com