TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Vaccine passport ???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vaccine passport ???
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-30-2021 08:11 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ain't no way in hell I am giving them any of my information so I can go to a store or a ballgame or whatever. Enough of my rights were violated this past year.
No way Jose !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 03-30-2021 09:26 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The governor of fl says he won't allow that to happen in his state either!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-30-2021 09:49 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
irst off I haven't got the vaccine and never will. Way too many things that don't add up with it and hasn't been tested near long enough. Haven't taken the flu shot in 30 years and won't get it ever again. My daughter just teted positive, chills for 3 days, cough for about a week or so, she can't taste (5 days or so now) but getting better everyday. Her husband had very minor symptoms. My ex wife who is their nanny got chills and the cough but is doing better right now. She had pneumonia years ago so was at risk.
Ever wonder why they called this shot a vaccine ??? It is because you can't hold them liable if anything goes wrong with a vaccine.

MEL

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-31-2021 07:48 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wish you good luck with that Mel.

My niece’s in-laws were very vocal about not wearing masks and refusing the vaccine. Two weeks ago they both came down with Covid. He was dead in 9 days and she is presently on a ventilator. Despite us all wanting this pandemic to be over, it ain’t.

I assume you think this vaccine is another conspiracy?

[ 03-31-2021, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5407 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-31-2021 09:57 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I worked for a flavor company and I bet you there's stuff in the food you eat every day that is far more harmful for you than anything in the vaccine.

[ 03-31-2021, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: PaulCat ]

Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 03-31-2021 10:13 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy,

Very sorry to hear about the toll on your family. COVID is no hoax, and sensible precautions are still in order.

However, that should be up to the individual. The idea that we must present our "papers" to attend events, to get on a plane, to enter a store... that is totalitarianism. Already, the government is outsourcing its controls on free speech to Big Tech, and it will happily do the same on our freedom to travel, to assemble, etc, via convincing airlines and event venues to require "papers". In today's "woke world", businesses are all to eager to comply with the most idiotic ideas.

Very convenient, or very clever, take your pick. But we have been blindsided. Our government is still technically allowing us our freedoms, but businesses that we depend upon will take them away.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-31-2021 10:44 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Very sorry to hear about the toll on your family. COVID is no hoax, and sensible precautions are still in order
Tip, thanks but I’ve never met these folks and other than what my niece told me, I know absolutely nothing about them. By the way, I have very little sympathy for them. They made their choice, as they had a right to.

I dropped out of medical school right before we were going to study viruses associated with a pandemic. In spite of that, I choose to follow my former classmates guidelines even if I am smarter than most of them.

I basically agree with you on most of what you say about requiring prove of vaccination. There may be some exceptions but they should be that, exceptions.

[ 03-31-2021, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 03-31-2021 03:43 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hc... guess you heard Hank Aaron passed away a couple of weeks back ??? Bet what you didn't hear is that he was in good health and took the vaccine and 17 days later died. There have been many cases where a person died after getting the vaccine and they called it dying fomr covid not the vaccine.
They don't want us to know if people have died fromt he vaccine. Vaccine the cause ??? No one will ever know and no one will ever admit it if it was !!!
I am guessing you take the flu shot every year ??? I haven't had one in 30 years. Haven't had the flu either.
I have read an article from a nutritionist that I personaly know as well as numerious other articles and listened to doctors that are totally against it. To each his own. They are all saying that this is not a vaccine and that it was developed way too fast without enough tests. I tend to believe them over the CDC that can't seem to get much of anything right these days. Did you hear where they say we gotta be careful because we have a surge coming ??? If masks and social distancing help and vaccines fix it why are we having a surge (we have given over 150,000 vaccines) ??? Are they really not happening ??? What are the side effects of the vaccine ??? They don't know, many are saying if you take the vaccine a year or two or maybe even months down the line it could hit you worse.
The US is taking way too many of our rights away and I am fed up with their control hungry over reach tactics. Look at South Dakota, they didn't shut down their economy, wear masks or anything like that and they are doing fine. Our bodies are made to fight off diseases if you have a good immune system. My daughter is fine, my son is law is fine, my 2 grand kids never even got a sniffle and my ex wife is doing fine. They had was they said felt like a bad cold for a few days. I have every good immunities and I am not getting a vaccine they don't know enough about. It is my right as an american to be able to go in a store or ballgame without them having the right demanding to know if I have had a vaccine ??? Government and private over reach is not freedom, it is wanting the right to control people.
Why can you protest all last year (peaceful and rioting) with and without masks way less than 6 feet apart but you can't go to church ?!?!? Government control !!! The courts finally ruled in favor of the churches.
Also, numerous officials came out and made the statement that it was not the right thing to do when they shut down everything. I guess you heard the term when they used "Herd" ??? They did come out later and said we probably should have used it.
I do know tha good Lord above will take us when it our time whether it be from a heart attack, the Vid, car wreck or whatever !!!
You can take the vaccine, it is your right to choose but it is also my right to choose not to and way too many people want to tell me it isn't. Also the government has already stated that it is our right to do what we want with "our body" !!! You do remember it is a "women's right to have an abortion because it is their body ??? Same thing ... they made the law now they will have to live with it !!! If not they will lose lawsuit after lawsuit concerning sexual discrimination. You can't have it both ways !!!

Question for you.... if you shoot and kill a pregnant woman do you believe you should get charged with 2 murders ??? According to the law of abortion the answer is no !!! I personallly think you should but according to our government the baby isn't a human until they are born yet they want to charge the killer with a double murder but not the mom if she gets an abortion (same baby different killer) !!! Can't have it both ways in my opinion.
BTW ... are you going to get an app on your phone that states that you have received the vaccine ??? You do know when you get those apps on your phones they can get into your financial records, your contact lists and many other personal things you have on your phone don't you ??? Do you really want our government and private businesses being able to go through your personal information ???

MEL

PS ... sorry to hear about your kinfolks.

[ 03-31-2021, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-31-2021 04:25 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mel, I’m not going to debate abortion with you. I’m opposed to it in almost all cases. Enough said.

As far as the vaccine goes, I support your right, and anybody else’s right to not take it. My sister and her husband have also refused to take it. I don’t understand it but that’s none of my business.

The overwhelming majority of doctors and scientists say it is safe.

I’ve had both shots. Other than a wisdom tooth starting to grow out of my forehead, no side effects for me. If I get a cavity in it, I can have it pulled.

[ 03-31-2021, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 03-31-2021 04:59 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a friend who is at least 100 pounds overweight, smokes a pack a day, drinks Woodford like it's water and eats like a pig. He's not getting the shot because he doesn't know if it's safe. [Confused]
Posts: 10346 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 03-31-2021 05:29 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
😀😀😀 God will take care of him, one way or the other.
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 04-05-2021 11:24 AM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The flu shot came out when I was in the Air force and it was required we get it every year. OK. I didn't have to stay in the Air Force if I didn't want the shot. So when I retired from the Air Force I got a civil service job working for the Army. They offered the shot for free to all employees. So I continued getting the shot. When I retired again I started going to the VA and they also gave me the shot for free. I have never go9tten sick from the shot and I have never gotten the flu, that I know of. Just a sore arm when they first started giving it but now I hardly even notice getting it. I went to the VA when they started giving the covid shot and I, my son and now my wife have all received both shots. I was the only one who showed any signs from the shot and that was some chills and a little weakness in my body for the first 12 hours of the second shot. To me that just showed that the first shot was causing me to have very slight reaction to the second shot, which shows me it is working. I just don't have a problem with getting shots because I took allergy shots every week for over 30 years to help my allergy symptoms. I guess the military brainwashed me as far as shots go.

[ 04-05-2021, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Bama Cat ]

Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com