TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Rush Limbaugh

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-17-2021 12:51 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today, he lost his battle with stage 4 lung cancer. We almost always listened to his radio program every day. I really, really liked him and will miss him terribly.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-17-2021 01:19 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
70 years of age seems awfully young!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123958 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 02-17-2021 03:11 PM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like most cancer, if you get it early then you've got a chance. It's hard to beat when you find it in stage 4. I don't know much about Rush Limbaugh, but I know he was quite popular.
Posts: 10322 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-17-2021 03:51 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Listened to Rush for years, but my local market no longer carries his show. I found him a brilliant expositor on conservative principles, witty, and passionate.

I will miss him greatly. Most of the other conservative voices are too strident or whiney; I hope a new voice arises to carry on in his tradition.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13592 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 02-17-2021 04:13 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didn't have a good radio signal either. I found him on 1290am, Wichita Falls or 1230am Hopkinsville online and listened on the laptop every day. I also found apps on the phone and listened there when I didn't have wifi, like on the road and such.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36264 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-17-2021 06:18 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It may not be widely known, but Mike Pence jump-started his political career by being a local conservative talk radio host. He was pretty good, too. I used to call into his show and get some air time with him. [Smile]

We definitely need a new generation of conservative speakers who can talk sense to the tsunami of craziness we are being overwhelmed with. Ben Shapiro has great ideas, but his voice is too damn whiney. I am growing to like Dave Rubin, a former lefty who realized that true liberalism is actually today called conservatism. He hosts a lot of great interviews (see "The Rubin Report"). I can marginally tolerate Mark Levin, but he gets a little too feisty sometimes.

BTW, Levin, Rubin, Shapiro -- all are Jewish. Yet most Jews in America are democrats. I find it unusual that the better conservative voices come from a group not known for conservatism.

And finally, there is Dennis Prager (yet another Jew!). His organization is doing amazing work at publishing short, powerful videos that are reaching millions. Check out Prager University sometime. Dennis does a weekly "fireside chat" that is worth watching. And he has a bunch of young, new talent he is nurturing. Candace Owens is great!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-18-2021 06:08 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mike Graduated college about a mile from where my daughter bought her new house!

I listened to Rush on WLAP out of Lexington at work in the afternoons.

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 02-18-2021 06:10 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like listening to Levin, Hannity, and Andrew Wilkow. They all have talk shows on the Patriot Channel XM 125, when I travel in my car.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 02-18-2021 09:34 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The thing that really attracts me to conservative talk shows is the positive vibe, the patriotism, and the fact that their ideas are based upon sound principles and full understanding of the flaws of human nature.

Quite the contrast to the left, with its belief that man is perfectible, that utopia can be built, and that we can tax our way to prosperity. Their understanding of how the world works is fantasy.

--------------------
Tiptree

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com