TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » VACCINE

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VACCINE
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-02-2020 11:30 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you going to take it first thing (if eligible) or "wait and see"?

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bama Cat
Player
Member # 153

posted 12-02-2020 12:08 PM      Profile for Bama Cat   Email Bama Cat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm one of the old ones at about 90 days from reaching 80 years old. But I know they're not going to give it to me right away. So I'll have a little time to see if there are any adverse actions from taking it. If they start here in another week or so, by the time we get to near the end of January there should be some publicity about how things are going with those who got it. My daughter is a 60 year old nurse at St. Joe in Lexington and I would think she would get it before me. I hope to ask her how it is going before I get it. Hate to call my daughter a guinea pig. Ha!
Posts: 14171 | From: berea, ky, usa | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-02-2020 01:46 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think nursing homes are among the first to get vaccinated. I'm going to see how this particular group responds before I jump in. This bunch is around my age and most have underlying conditions, as do I. If there are no serious issues here I will feel comfortable in taking the vaccine.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 12-02-2020 05:17 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No way for me.

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-02-2020 05:55 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Folks, given the production and logistical challenges, unless you are a VIP or seriously at risk, you won't see a vaccine until the summer at the earliest.

By then, it will be clear both how effective and how safe the vaccine is.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 12-02-2020 10:02 PM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want it as soon as I can get it. Our church has not met together for many months because of COVID. I miss being together with other Christians and the singing and handshakes and hugs.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 12-02-2020 10:09 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Millie and I will take it as soon as possible.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 12-03-2020 01:14 AM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As soon as it is available to me I will take it.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jarcat
Player
Member # 95

posted 12-03-2020 06:33 PM      Profile for Jarcat   Email Jarcat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I want it as soon as I can get it. Our church has not met together for many months because of COVID. I miss being together with other Christians and the singing and handshakes and hugs
I'm with you Clyde. Our church is the same way. The ministers are doing a great job of putting together a virtual service. Our techno-wienies have even figured out a way to have each member of the choir to record their hymns separately and then he meshes them together so it sounds like they're all singing at the same time. It's awesome.

But like you, Clyde, I miss being with everyone in person, especially the hugs from some of the ladies.

--------------------
The truth is out there

Posts: 3014 | From: Lexington, KY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 12-06-2020 01:21 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip:
quote:
Folks, given the production and logistical challenges, unless you are a VIP or seriously at risk, you won't see a vaccine until the summer at the earliest.
From what I'm hearing you could very well be right.

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 12-06-2020 03:35 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Our techno-wienies have even figured out a way
Ahem. I am a "techie". But I am not a "weenie".

Geek, please. Or nerd is fine. I am 6'3" and 220 pounds, and have the frame to mix it up with much bigger players in the paint. So, "weenie" just won't cut it.

Just a public service announcement on behalf of all the other geeks and nerds out there. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com