TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Mask wearing. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Mask wearing.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-14-2020 07:03 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here in Central Ill the pandemic rages on. In the past week we have lost Several people with no underlying conditions and under the age of 60. Add to this numerous others who were in the “higher risk” part of our population and things are not good in this part of the country. The virus is at the highest levels we have seen. There are real fears our hospitals will not be able to handle the influx of Covid patients. The vaccine will not be widely available here in time to spare many many more.

For you non masks wearers, it didn’t go away after the election. Perhaps you’re right, maybe politics were involved. Maybe still are. Perhaps your right, masks provide no protection and are worthless. Perhaps you’re right, it infringes on your personal rights.

I’m not talking about shutting down the economy or even closing schools but will it really inconvenience you that much to wear a mask?

Just on the off chance you’re wrong, your beliefs on mask wearing may be killing thousands of people. Not wearing a mask does not make you a real man, it simply shows you don’t care about others.

I wanted to put this on my Facebook page but my wife would not allow it. She says, and is correct, we would lose too many friends and family members by this inflammatory opinion. I’ve already pissed most of you off by disliking Trump so I thought I had little to lose on the Domain.

[ 11-14-2020, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5400 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 08:12 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Handy, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but everywhere I've been people are wearing masks in public. I'm not certain if the mask thing is the answer. Not saying I know what the answer is but I have a feeling that your high paid CDC DRs do either!

Closing down everything may be the answer but other things suffer. Does anyone have any info as to how other fatalities went this year?

I'm seriously asking here. Are deaths from heart attack down this year? Stroke? Natural causes? Old Age? Pneumonia?

I'm not a bar hopper. I keep a pretty close nit group. The only friends I have outside my family are my work friends and my church friends.

Our church opened up months ago but we've maintained our social distance, spaced seating, no touching, hugging or hand shaking. Mainly waving and speaking from a distance.
Grant it, I don't live in a highly populated area.
I've got 4-5 masks in my car so that I always have one even when I just run into the quick stop for a soft drink. I broke down and bought a set of UK masks even. I'm in it for the long haul. The only time I really hate wearing a mask is at work when I've gotten really hot. It makes it more difficult to breath when the mask starts getting sweaty.

[ 11-14-2020, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123985 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-14-2020 08:40 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
m hamilton, come to Central Illinois and I will show you plenty of people not wearing masks unless they are forced to do so by the proprietor. I’m not talking about signs requiring masks before entering. I see small business owners working with no masks. I only see that business owner once. My next door neighbor refuses to wear on. I guess he’s a real man.

I’m against lock downs. I’m for common curtesy when your actions make others uncomfortable and “may” endanger their health.

I’m glad you’re a mask wearer and would have been surprised if you were not.

Had to add this. I have this mental picture of you as a very large strong man. Maybe when non mask wears see you wearing a mask and coming toward them it intimidates them into putting theirs on. 😊 Or then again we may just have more idiots here. After all they elected Pritzer as our governor.

[ 11-14-2020, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 11-14-2020 08:45 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wear a mask for my protection when I visit my doctor or dentist. I do think they are effective. I have not been to church worship service for many weeks because many of our members have tested positive for the virus.
Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-14-2020 08:53 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dr Clyde, what do you know? You’re only a doctor. My neighbor, on the other hand, refuses to wear a mask and he owns a machine shop. Now those guys know about viruses. 😀

[ 11-14-2020, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 09:21 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe he could turn you out a ball bat, Handy. Then maybe you could beat the virus into submission!?!?

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 11-14-2020 09:41 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
handy,
I agree with people that masks are aggravating and uncomfortable.
However, I would rather be aggravated than get that disease.
I pray every day that God will forgive me of my sins and when I die, He will give me a home in heaven. However, that Covid-19 infection does not always kill us old folks but can cause considerable misery, and I do not want that.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-14-2020 10:01 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here in Vigo County, Indiana, there is no issue with people voluntarily wearing masks. I often get out of the car and see everyone in the parking lot with masks, which reminds me to get mine.

But, at the same time, we are experiencing a huge spike in COVID cases, and the local hospitals are worried about being overwhelmed. The county even ordered four refrigerated semi-trucks to hold bodies!

I think the reaction is over-done, personally. Doctors have a much better handle on how to treat this disease, so mortality rates are much lower than we were told they would be. We have had over 4,000 cases and 54 deaths in a county of about 100,000. That makes a positive infection rate of about 4%, but a mortality rate of 0.5%.

We have a mid-size university in town, and several smaller colleges. Getting kids to wear masks is the biggest challenge. My wife teaches at one of the colleges, and she gets tested in a "pool" of four faculty every week. If the "pool" results come back positive, then each person in the pool must take a more reliable test. Same for students. She usually has 2-3 students who must quarantine at a given time.

We were told that the winter months would bring a resurgence in the virus. Better stay in that closet with your emergency supplies for a few more months.

[ 11-14-2020, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Tiptree ]

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13622 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-14-2020 10:12 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tip, I’m out and I’m going to stay out, Covid or no Covid.
It stinks in there and Mona refuses to empty that pot. Not sure what to do. Maybe M&M will go in there with some of his pot to mask the foul order?

[ 11-14-2020, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 10:29 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just read our county, (Jefferson, IN) has had a reported 738 cases and 6 deaths since this pandemic began. I'm not really sure what our county population is as the county seat, I Know, has a population of about 12,000.

The reason for this info to even be published is a local Christian church has had 5 deaths recently but the report was unsure how many of the 5 had Covid!

--------------------

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 11-14-2020 11:12 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
It stinks in there and Mona refuses to empty that pot. Not sure what to do. Maybe M&M will go in there with some of his pot to mask the foul order?
Handy, you might try giving some of MM's pot to Mona, and then see if she will empty the pot...

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13622 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 11-14-2020 11:33 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well this just sucks.

Our daughter is a hospice nurse and works around Covid19 patients on a daily basis. She just called and said she could not come to our planned Thanksgiving dinner for fear of spreading the virus.

Now our UK grandson won’t be coming in either. We had planned for a smaller gathering this year, just our immediate family. Hope my son’s small family will still come. Might be a Covid Thanksgiving dinner, spam and salmon patties.

Tip, I gave Mona your suggestion. She would prefer M&M go in after it. All I know is I ain’t going back in.

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The wife works in the pharmacy at Walmart and they've been wearing masks since it was first announced they are necessary. She also complains about being able to breathe through them if she starts getting to warm.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:51 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vandy starts the run game once again

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3rd down and 4 for VAndy at their 31

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VU will have to punt!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:53 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
KY will start at the VAndy 26 yard line

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:54 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2nd and 7 at VU 23 yard line after the 3 yard Rose run

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:55 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Slant pass for 10 yards and a KY 1st down

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:55 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rose with a 9 yard gain on 1st down to the VU 6 yard line 2nd and 2

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:56 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It'll be 3rd and 1 at Vandy 5

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rodriguez to the 3 yrd line 1st and goal out of Wildcat formation

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rodriuez with a standing up touchdown and facemask after the score

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:58 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10:34 to play in 3rd qtr KY leads 31-14!

KY has scored on every possession so far!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 01:59 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That 34 yard Ali punt return set up that last KY score!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:00 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you throw a shank kickoff to them to put them behind the 25 here? I think I'd consider it!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:01 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poore with a 60 yard FG on the kickoff. Doesn't count but it does go through the uprights all the same!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:02 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
10 yards pass play on 1st down for VU

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Defense needs to fill up some holes!
3rd and 2

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:03 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Watson got his hands on the RB but didn't get him down 1st down VU!

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:04 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vandy down to KY 33

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:05 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vandy running the hurry up offense

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:05 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3rd and 3 VU at KY 31 VU 1st down

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:06 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VU keeps chopping it down the field KY needs a stop

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:07 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
flag on play illegal touching of ball by ineligible player 2nd and 11 at KY 22

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:08 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lobbdup ball caught by RB

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:09 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
5:02 to play in 3rd qtr last pass play under review receiver catches ball not sure if he was out long before he caught the ball

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:11 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VU has had the ball for over 5:30 on this drive so far.

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:11 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1st down VU at 7 yard line

[ 11-14-2020, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: m hamilton ]

--------------------

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 11-14-2020 02:12 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
VU down to the 3 yard line

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com