TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Campaign Rallies.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Campaign Rallies.
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-25-2020 08:31 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone go to a Biden rally who has not already made up their mind that they will vote Biden?

Does anyone go to a Trump rally who has not already made up their mind they Will vote Trump?

Are these effective methods? Are they worth the money?

Just wondering about the most effective strategy to campaign and support the candidate of your choice as I’ve been somewhat undecided.

Then I saw a lawn sign.

[ 10-25-2020, 08:33 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5409 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-25-2020 08:54 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of lawn signs, when we drove to and back from Arkansas about two weeks ago, through KY, TN, MO and AR, we saw 4 Biden lawn signs and one bumper sticker. By contrast, there were hundreds and hundreds of Trump/Pence signs, stickers and flags. If those thing mean anything, it will be a "No Contest" election.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-25-2020 09:10 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No question that Trump supporters are much more enthusiastic about their candidate.

The real question is “are there more unenthusiastic Biden supporters than enthusiastic Trump supporters”. I know what the polls say. I still have doubts about them but it’s hard for me to believe they are this wrong. Even FOX polls give Biden a substantial advantage.

[ 10-25-2020, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-25-2020 10:48 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Polls take people's opinions. But not all people with opinions vote.

The Trump base is VERY energized to vote. I also see a preponderance of Trump signs, and here in the agricultural midwest, Trump flags are abundant. Recently, we passed a "Trump parade" of dozens of good ole' boys in pickups with American flags and Trump flags waving. My wife (an uber-progressive) wrinkled her nose in distaste. I honked my horn in support. [Smile]

Contrasting with this, the Biden base is all over the map; some are motivated by hatred for Trump (the biggest base), some are enthused about the far-left agenda (a smaller, but significant base), and others will unenthusiastically vote for Biden.

I hope and pray that the motivated, energized Trump base will prevail.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-25-2020 11:07 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

I hope and pray that the motivated, energized Trump base will prevail.

I’m beginning to worry you may need to add “holding the senate” to your prayer list.

I worry many who hate Trump have transferred that hate to the Republican Party. Many who are indifferent to politics but hate Trump equate him to the Republican Party. Nothing could be further from the truth IMO.

Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-25-2020 12:03 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HC,

Yeah, you have a point. Trump facing a democratic senate would be one huge 4-year battle. I know the Republican candidates for congress in my state are positioning themselves as "Trump supporters"... which again indicates where the enthusiasm is.

I do hope the Republicans can not only hold the Senate, but extend it.

I note a lot of young, black Republican candidates are challenging established Democrat congresspersons. It sure would be sweet if enough of them one to get a majority in both houses. A pipe dream, I know, especially with gerrymandering, but it sure would shock the Democrats into reconsidering their far-left drift!

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-25-2020 12:39 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here in central Florida, the Trump signs and enthusiasm is sky high.. There has been several motorcycle parades even boat lake parades with hundreds and hundreds of boats.

I also live about 30 mins from "The Villages" and it was wall to wall Trump supporters during his campaign stop last week!

I have yet to see ONE Biden/Harris sign anywhere. If this is any indication, Trump will win Florida in a landslide...

[ 10-25-2020, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-25-2020 04:05 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
If this is any indication, Trump will win Florida in a landslide...

Florida is an absolute must for Trump to retain the presidency. Without it, he has “almost” no path to reelection. If he loses Florida, the rest of the battle ground states become almost a moot point. Not mathematically, but it would be very, very unlikely.

Every poll I have seen shows Florida to be close with several even showing Biden with a narrow lead.

By the way, I know it is none of my business, but are you planning to vote Trump? Or are you still undecided?

[ 10-25-2020, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 10-25-2020 04:19 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone on this site been polled ???
That is the question I have with polls. Who is behind the poll and what are "they" wanting to hear ??? I am 65 and have never been polled. Has anyone here ever been polled, not just this election but any Presidential election ???

MEL

[ 10-25-2020, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: MEL ]

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-25-2020 04:20 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or are you still undecided?

-------------------------------------------------

funny [Big Grin]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-25-2020 07:18 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just saw a segment on the NBC nightly news that said the Villages were beginning to vote for Biden because he would bring balance to the republic.
Anyone heard these words before?
Here I'll help you guys out. Senator Palpetine of Star Wars Fame. He was going to bring balance to the republic too!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-25-2020 07:29 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will be 85 years and 6 months old tomorrow. I have never been polled for anything, anytime. I have always heard that the pollsters question far more democrats than republicans. It may not be true, but I've read and heard it for many years. If y'all remember, Hillary was going to win in a landslide in 2016 according to the polls.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 10-25-2020 07:37 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm it is kind of like follow the money ... in this case follow who is running the poll and who they favor !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-26-2020 07:34 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have always heard that the pollsters question far more democrats than republicans. It may not be true, but I've read and heard it for many years
Norm, That happened to me this year. I was asked who I would vote for in the presidential election. Believe it or not I answered “reluctantly Trump”. The call was terminated shortly. On the other hand, one of my liberal friends said the same thing happened when he answered Biden. Depends on who is doing the polling?

We have received numerous requests for polling on our land line. Yes, I am a dinosaur. I’m an old phone man and the service is free. Neither my wife or I have been contacted on our cell phones. I have no idea why that would be. Considering the number of poll calls received, I doubt it is coincidence.

[ 10-26-2020, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: handycat ]

PaulCat
Player
Member # 513

posted 10-26-2020 09:03 AM      Profile for PaulCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Polls are for strippers. [Wink]

My wife just got back from Gatlinburg and she said there were several Trump stores down there selling any and all kind of merchandise. He is definitely changing things up in this country.

Posts: 10347 | From: Erlanger, Ky. USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-26-2020 12:53 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those of us who have an established record of voting in every election (which I assume would be all of us here), and who have a party affiliation, are rarely if ever polled. Waste of everybody's time.

This is why polls are so unreliable. The people being polled, even those who claim to be "likely to vote", rarely do. So, you are polling a sample of people who simply don't matter.

It really is a matter of who gets out the vote. Traditionally, democrats have been far, far better than republicans at this, whether it be by organizing transportation, helping people fill out absentee ballots ("vote harvesting"), or using colleges, nursing homes, and some churches as points of organization.

But this year, it appears that the "silent majority" will not be silent. I hope I am right.

--------------------
Tiptree

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com