TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » My Debate Prediction

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Debate Prediction
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-21-2020 11:38 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow's presidential debate will be a farce. Mister Biden will get softball questions, with never a mention of the Hunter Biden scandal. Mister Trump will get blamed for the pandemic. The new rule of muting the microphones will insure that he cannot ask Mister Biden any difficult or other questions that he did not rehearse. Yes, I would bet a bunch of money, that Mister Biden has been rehearsed on all the questions aimed at him. Why else would he have been hidden in his basement (or somewhere) for four days?

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36266 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-21-2020 01:23 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or they are imbedding a micro-chip in his ear canal so he can be fed answers. Not out of the realm of possibility imv...

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 10-21-2020 03:34 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
Yes, I would bet a bunch of money, that Mister Biden has been rehearsed on all the questions aimed at him.
I would bet a bunch of money also "that Mister Biden has been rehearsed on all the questions aimed at him".

Ed:

quote:
Or they are imbedding a micro-chip in his ear canal so he can be fed answers. Not out of the realm of possibility imv...
Nah, I'll pass on this one.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-21-2020 03:55 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, I'll pass on this one.

In "real life" it could be done! In a "crook's world" if possible, it will be done!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-21-2020 08:49 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just find it really unusual that the former prez is out campaigning while he hides somewhere!

Most believe it's in his basement but I wonder if he's not actually at a sleep over at Kristen Welkers house! How else is he going to get an opportunity to know the answers to the questions before they are asked tomorrow night?

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123969 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 10-23-2020 09:07 PM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My favorite of the 3 debates was the one they didn’t have.

Compared to the other two, I thought that one was very informative.

[ 10-23-2020, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5383 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-23-2020 11:14 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I haven't already said it here, on TCD, I was pleasantly surprised by the lady from MSNBC. She was still a little biased, but she did a Hell of a lot better job than Chris Wallace. Chris may thing he is his dad Mike reincarnate, but he isn't even close.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-24-2020 06:02 AM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought this debate was very informative - Biden was pinned down on his oil stance and his answer gave all the oil and coal producing states especially WVA to the President!!

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 10-24-2020 06:09 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ed:
quote:
I thought this debate was very informative - Biden was pinned down on his oil stance and his answer gave all the oil and coal producing states especially WVA to the President!!

It didn't give Trump any state that he didn't already have, or should have. BTW, ask WVA how the coal business has been doing over the last 4 years.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 10-24-2020 07:24 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MountainMafia:
[QUOTE] BTW, ask WVA how the coal business has been doing over the last 4 years.

Here's the thing: I suspect the reason for the drop off in coal mining is almost 100% because of switching coal fired electricity to natural gas fired. I don't remember the name of the power plant near here at Drakesoro, but it has 4 generators. Two of them were switched to gas several years ago and the other two are in the process. Cheaper and cleaner. Nobody in their right mind can blame that on Mister Trump. It is pure economics.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 10-24-2020 07:45 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm:
quote:
Here's the thing: I suspect the reason for the drop off in coal mining is almost 100% because of switching coal fired electricity to natural gas fired. I don't remember the name of the power plant near here at Drakesoro, but it has 4 generators. Two of them were switched to gas several years ago and the other two are in the process. Cheaper and cleaner. Nobody in their right mind can blame that on Mister Trump. It is pure economics.
All that is true, Norm, but it was also true in 2016 when Trump promised to bring back coal...it ain't gonna happen. Coal is a dying industry and has been for years. It's the dirtiest fuel on the planet and expensive to mine, especially deep shaft mines where the highest quality coal is located.

Without the use of high-dollar scrubbers to eliminated the sulfur (acid rain) coal-fired power plants can't meet EPA standards. That's why high quality coal (low sulfur content) is so desired, but it's expensive.

--------------------

clydeh
Player
Member # 7

posted 10-24-2020 11:16 AM      Profile for clydeh   Email clydeh   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MM,
What you just posted is true. I am sad it is true because my wife inherited a very large amount of mineral rights in Martin County, Kentucky, which is not worth much of anything now.

Posts: 845 | From: Cullman, AL, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 10-24-2020 11:56 AM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Coal, like oil, has other uses in the chemical industries. Plastics are basically long chain hydrocarbons, like that found in coal and oil, reformed and 'stretched' into a shape that makes them useful. Many products are derivatives of fossil fuels. There will always be a need for coal, even if it is severely curtailed.

But WVA was going to Trump anyway. But Pennsylvania, Biden's original home state, may just have swung to Trump. Most of the other states where fracking for natural gas were likely Trump states anyway. So, Biden's 'revelation' (who didn't know this already?) may have cost him one huge swing state. But it may have opened some eyes of borderline voters in other swing states as well.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13600 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 10-24-2020 12:09 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I said WVA I meant Pa. Old age got me!

In any event, Biden gave Trump every state that has anything to do with oil/coal. Good debate for him!

Just thinking, how about "pipeline" states?

[ 10-24-2020, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: ukcatfannfl ]

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-25-2020 06:52 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
THe power plant where I work has spent over a Billion Dollars, with a "B" on our plant since '90. Our first unit was scrubbed in '93 the last one was scrubbed in '15.

Bring on the coal! We keep the light on for Kroger-Commonwealth Stadium and Rupp Arena!

--------------------

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 10-25-2020 06:57 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since I started at our plant we've scrubbed units to remove SO2, along with many other chemicals that are a residue from burning fossil fuels.

We've begun capping our (retired) ash ponds returning them to their natural habitat covering them with grass and trees.

We've now built a water treatment plant on our site that will take the water used to push ashes to the dewatering plant to the current landfill storage that we are using, the water is then pushed through a high filter system and the water is then available for recycle!

--------------------

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com