TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» TheCatsDomain.Com Message Boards   » Kentucky Southern Hospitality   » Civil Debate - Politics and Other Hot Button Topics   » Sad News

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sad News
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-01-2020 10:56 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm putting this here because about everyone reads this page. My brother is on another trout trip in Arkansas this week. He called me a while ago with terrible news. An 83 year old friend of ours went with them. He sunk a boat yesterday afternoon in swift, cold water. Unfortunately, he did not make it out of the water. According to the guy fishing with him, he made an awful decision, by throwing the stern anchor out first. This causes the boat to swing around and the anchor drags the stern around and down, filling the boat with water. They recovered his body yesterday afternoon. The other 7 guys will come home today, once the authorities are finished questioning them. They want to know if alcohol was involved, which it was not. I'm not in shock, but I am so, so sorry and bummed out. I didn't get the call until a short time ago after his daughter was notified.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

Posts: 36271 | From: Western KY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-01-2020 11:25 AM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Terrible news, Norm. My sincere condolences.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-01-2020 11:25 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this Norm. Losing a close friend is tough and is compounded when it’s unexpected like this

Prayers for you and your friends family.

[ 09-01-2020, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: handycat ]

Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tiptree
Administrator
Member # 844

posted 09-01-2020 03:32 PM      Profile for Tiptree   Email Tiptree   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That is sad news indeed. I will pray for who are left behind.

--------------------
Tiptree

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 13628 | From: Terre Haute, IN | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Trey Ball
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 09-01-2020 09:45 PM      Profile for Trey Ball   Email Trey Ball   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Terrible news. Prayers.

--------------------
Wife's Mad. Told me we never talk anymore. And just last nite while watching super bowl told her 2 or 3 times to get me a coke and popcorn. Also told her not to forget to take out trash in the morning. Ain't that something. Also told me I was too indecisive. Can't figure out what to do about that. One nice thing I guess. She called me a pro crastinator. Don't know what a crastinator is but I guess I'm a good one for her to call me a pro. Gonna wait til tomorrow to look that up though. I love her but somrtimes can't help but thinking I should have told uncle Junior to keep his coon hound pup and stevens double barrel and also his youngest daughter.

redbone

Posts: 11568 | From: IN, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
EnterpriseCat
Player
Member # 2881

posted 09-02-2020 12:50 AM      Profile for EnterpriseCat     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Terrible news, Norm. Prayers for all involved.

--------------------
Romans 8:38-39

JD4U

Posts: 2307 | From: Enterprise, AL | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
ukcatfannfl
Player
Member # 1425

posted 09-02-2020 01:59 PM      Profile for ukcatfannfl   Email ukcatfannfl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sorry to hear that norm.

--------------------
ukcatfannfl

Posts: 8771 | From: Inverness, FL | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-06-2020 08:55 AM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the bad news, Norm. Sometimes fatal mistakes are made before thinking about the possible outcome!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-06-2020 09:08 AM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We buried Donnie yesterday morning. There were the six regular pallbearers and 5 honorable ones. I was one of the later. My youngest brother was one of the six, and the brother between us was also one of the five.

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

handycat
Player
Member # 2323

posted 09-06-2020 09:36 AM      Profile for handycat   Email handycat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
😢
Posts: 5408 | From: decatur ill. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-06-2020 12:19 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your loss Norm !!!

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Old Norm
Administrator
Member # 1482

posted 09-06-2020 01:54 PM      Profile for Old Norm   Email Old Norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard a couple of "Bullock" stories from the preacher that officiated Donnie's funeral. He and Donnie were pretty good friends. He told us that he used to go rabbit hunting with him and another guy that also raised beagles. He told us that when they jumped a rabbit, all three would shoot, and they would both say, "You got him, Preacher!" He said it went on this way until he realized he was carrying all the rabbits and those guys just kept grinning.

Then he told us about Donnie hunting feral hogs in Florida. Donnie was talking to a friend about it, and the guy said he'd sure like to taste some of that "wild hog". Donnie invited him to come for dinner. After dinner, the man was carrying on about how good those pork chops were. Donnie replied, "I got em' at Kroger." Sounds just like him!

The preachers granddaughter fell in love with his beagle puppies. He asked her which one she liked best, and when she told him, he gave it to her.

[ 09-06-2020, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Old Norm ]

--------------------
Pray For Our Country!

MountainMafia
Player
Member # 2066

posted 09-06-2020 02:45 PM      Profile for MountainMafia     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had a Beagle until recently ( Gypsy)..died from bladder cancer last month...I literally loved that dog....had her almost 17 years.

--------------------
"It's amazing what you can accomplish when nobody cares who gets the credit"....Tubby Smith after winning 1998 National Title.

Posts: 4694 | From: Alabama | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MEL
Player
Member # 141

posted 09-06-2020 03:19 PM      Profile for MEL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm, Donnie sounds a little bit ornery !!! [Smile]

MEL

Posts: 2795 | From: Greeley, CO, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
m hamilton
Player
Member # 127

posted 09-06-2020 08:28 PM      Profile for m hamilton   Email m hamilton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He sounds like the kind of guy that I would have enjoyed being around!

--------------------
The potus is planning 1st major tax hike since '93 in next economic package!
I still can't believe some people believed that LIAR!!!

Your whole life is determined(by) 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you handle it!!!

Posts: 123991 | From: vevay, IN USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
rlt4uk
Player
Member # 3194

posted 09-09-2020 04:52 AM      Profile for rlt4uk     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sad news, you and the family are in my prayers, Norm.

--------------------
Bleeding Blue in south Alabama. Kentucky born, Kentucky bred,I'll be kentucky until i'm dead!

Posts: 9797 | From: enterprise, al 36330 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | TheCatsDomain.Com | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1999-2004, TheCatsDomain.Com